Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really?  (Read 2631 times)

Novabonker

• Old Timer
Really?
« on: December 19, 2013, 07:27:12 AM »

http://

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: Really?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »

I have to agree with you there Nova.....(wow did I just say what I thought I said)
Take the T out of Morton.

TacoChris

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 10:48:19 PM »

This is a new low for Harper. Zero credibility. Does he think we are children? This is no way to gain support for this project. I have thought hard if it was a better alternative to moving oil by train. With clown tactics like this my support for pipelines has dropped to zero. There simply can be no assurance BC will be protected from a major oil disaster or that our fisheries will not be damaged. What other scams are they willing to do to ram this down our throats.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 07:52:39 AM »

I do not think Harper is looking for support with this.I do think he is looking to slam dunk it.As a bonus he can severely limit the liabilty of his tar sands buddies down the road.
Riverman

StillAqua

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 06:09:09 AM »

Everything Harper has done in recent years, from gutting the Fisheries and Environmental Assessment Acts to getting rid of DFO Habitat Biologists and putting the NEB in charge of assessing "serious harm" to fisheries, has been part of plowing the road for an oil pipeline through BC and oil tankers on our coast. Harper and the Alberta Oil Industry run this country now and they will have their way. Environmental groups had their say in the EA hearings and were dismissed. First Nations can delay it for more consultations but the Supreme Court has already ruled they can't stop development that's in the National interest. I'm sure they'll get a sweeter deal out of the consultations though. And I'm also sure we'll hear an announcement from the BC government soon saying they've improved pipeline revenue sharing for the province so all of Christy Clark's five conditions have been met. I'd put money on it.....

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »

It seems clear to me that this announcement timed as it was before the NEB endorsing the Northern Gateway was intended to make it difficult or stop the pipeline on the basis that FOC hadn't done it's own review.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.