Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Items for Sale proceeds to local charity  (Read 3330 times)

hawg hunter

Items for Sale proceeds to local charity
« on: December 15, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »

If you have unsold items – looking to donate – Life Exchange needs your help!
I have a good colleague of mine who is doing great work for troubled and less fortunate children,  teens  and families in the Chilliwack area.
I thought what better way to help than have an online thread where people can sell unwanted/unsold items and could donate the proceeds to this most worthy cause. Or if you are just in the giving spirit, cash donations can also be made. While the Christmas Season is always a time of giving, this organization is in need of contributions all year.
So if you have any items you would like to sell/donate, please post them here.
I will start of by offering the following:

Simms – guide vest. Maybe used a couple of times – size XL - $50 -spoken for- SOLD
Orvis fishing vest – used once – Size Xl - $40
Mustang inflatable vest. used condition but has never had to be inflated -$25 - Spoken for- SOLD
Lot of gibbs spoons and blue fox spinners – 30 in total. Plus a few bouncing betties etc. Most are brand new - $50 - SOLD
Barbour satchel fishing bag - $50 SOLD
Trophy Rod and Daiwa reel – used condition but great starter set up - SOLD
Renzetti fly vise travel case – never used $35- SOLD
Rod Case – brand new - $25
Montague Sunbeam bamboo rod – 9’  3 piece, 2 tip 5/6 wt great first bamboo– all sections are full length -  $85
5 fly boxes - $10 - SOLD
Daiwa Dual catcher spey rod – 13’  9/10 wt - $40 - spoken for
Okuma sturgeon rod – missing insert in top guide $15.
Hub Sport reel case – hold 6 reels $10 - spoken for
Hardy Girl poster –reprints 2 available not framed - $20 each. 1 SOLD
Simms hat - new with tags - $15

Prefer local pick up but shipping can be arranged.

All reasonable offers considered but please keep in mind the proceeds are going to charity.

For any questions or picture requests please contact me  via email at <fishinggary44@gmail.com>

I’ll add more as I continue to go through my stuff.

« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 07:52:18 PM by hawg hunter »
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

Humpy

Re: Items for Sale proceeds to local charity
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, 07:31:57 PM »

Do you have an email I can contact you at?
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

hawg hunter

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2013, 07:34:49 PM »

Here are more details of the Charity

LIFE EXCHANGE
“Bringing life solutions for children and teens that need our response!”

December 10, 2013

Dear

Good day! May I introduce you to LIFE EXCHANGE!
OUR HISTORY
This charity became a BC Registered Society in 2009 with these values incorporated into its design:
OUR PURPOSE-we are a community of responders committed to “being there for children and teens facing critical life situations.  We will implement and employ the principles of love, acceptance, safety and security through our collective actions of prevention, intervention, health, hope, justice, recovery and restoration.”
OUR VISION-we see a better preferred future for the youth in our communities.  This Society is creating a community of equipped, motivated and resourceful people who are reaching children & teens that live in unhealthy critical life environments that affect their personal wellbeing, safety, security and educational development.  Together we are creating wholesome living and learning places; we are becoming that “village” that journey s with the child and the teen enabling them to achieve their preferred future.
OUR MISSION-we are bringing about authentic and effective “life exchange” for children and teens at risk, as we gather people from diverse fields of professional, social, medical, financial, legal and spiritual expertise, who are capable of providing the resources, assistance, support, counsel and resolve that are needed.  We are the “bridge over dangerous waters”.  We are the “level and clear path in a dark world”.  We are the “fountain of fresh water in their desert”.  We are to see that no child or teen is left to themselves in their disintegrating quality of life, learning deficiency, dangerous environment or adolescent vulnerability.
OUR CURRENT CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES
1. At Chilliwack Senior High School we provide a healthy luncheon program plus snack bars & fruit to the Special Education class of 45 Grade 10-12 students.  Many teens have dehydration issues, so we have provided “water bottles” that they keep by their side. We purchased winter hoodies for a number of underprivileged teens. Each teen will receive a Christmas stocking filled with personal hygiene products & Christmas treats.  We also throw a Christmas party to create a sense of “family” for these teens.  Graduation time can be stressful for these teens when they can’t pay for their grad costs, so we provide the funds they require.
2.  We provided 5 Elementary schools with winter jackets and boots to many underprivileged children.  “A warm child is a happy child!”  Life Exchange has also come alongside single parents to respond to their needs; broken down vehicles, needed medication, eye glasses, groceries, transportation and counseling services.
 Life Exchange is committed to the marginalized youth in Chilliwack. I am asking you to consider empowering our work in this city.  Your contributions are important as we purpose to make this Christmas season a positive one for many youth and their families. Please go to our Facebook page then click onto ‘CANADAHELPS.ORG’ to donate.  You can mail your cheques to the address below. Thank you for your time and interest in this charity that purposes to bring
 “life exchange experiences” for the youth in our community.  God bless and Merry Christmas!

Rod L. Bitterman, Executive Director and Founder
LIFE EXCHANGE 6483 Dover Street, Chilliwack BC V2R 1W9
Email: rodbitterman@gmail.com  Email: life.exchange.bc@gmail.com  cell 604-798-3040
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

hawg hunter

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »

Added my contact email to original post, thanks Humpy!

Humpy

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 07:39:41 PM »

Email sent!
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

jacklam999

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 09:07:05 PM »

where do you located, interested in the lure

hawg hunter

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 09:30:01 PM »

I'm in cloverdale/surrey

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 10:37:45 PM »

How long is that rod case?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

hawg hunter

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 11:30:25 PM »

The rod case is 61" long.

Sorry for lack if details people!

jacklam999

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »

I'm in cloverdale/surrey

will you be any chance thats near vancouver/ burnaby?

hawg hunter

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 09:05:34 AM »

Found a couple more items!

Okuma sturgeon reel. Classic pro model 4:1. This reel is in great shape and was loaded with 80lb braid. This was a backup reel that never got used so the line is as new as can be. $ 50

Plano box with some trout trolling gear. A gank troll, 18 flatfish/plugs, a few spinners, a few bass lures and a swiss army knife along with a few odds and sods. $50.

hawg hunter

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »

Thank you for your generous donation, Rene aka rantalot!

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »

how long is the trophy?

hawg hunter

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 08:39:41 PM »

Trophy is 10'

hawg hunter

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 11:59:52 AM »

Adding a brand new donated Cannon rod holder. This is new in the package.

$20 or best reasonable offer.