Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap June 11th  (Read 2700 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Cap June 11th
« on: June 11, 2004, 10:21:30 AM »

After a brief taste of float fishing for coho, my dad was eager to get back to the river this morning. So, back we went at first light.

More fish rising this morning, we lucked out as a school just happened to be around.

Nothing for me again.... >:( :-[ :-\ :'( Was busy baiting for my dad the whole time and untangling his birdnests once awhile, and missed a few bites in between. ::)

Dad, on the other hand, managed to land his two fish. :o One at around 4lb doe, while the other a 1.5lb buck. Both on procured double hot red roe once again. :)

The 4lber took the float down and it stayed down, while my dad was reeling in the slack, which was about a mile long. ::) The little buck swallowed the hook deep, took the float down twice before my dad actually noticed the bite. Pure luck I tell ya, pure luck! ;D

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re:Cap June 11th
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 12:32:37 PM »

Congratulations you guys. This is getting to be a habit. Great to see!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 04:07:02 PM »

JUst came back from fishing one of the canyon pools. Hooked two

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 10:20:42 PM »

Man...I am no luckin' at the Cap this year...I mean I feel like a total rookie there.

I showed up low river to try to catch the evening bite this evening....right up by the seniors home...

I must have been in a good spot, because after about 20 minutes that dude Tomas from our recent "wier-apaloza" stumbled out of the bushes on the other side of the river. I recognized two dudes he was talking to just down stream from me.

Anyways...nothing...I didn't see a fish...I didn't sense a fish....and Fulcrum has me all scared of drowning in the upper pools, and I can't wake up early enough to catch the morning bite, and I don't have quadruple dipped fire engine red roe.....whine whine whine....what does a guy have to do to catch a fish on that river!

build a weir I guess.

by the way....the article ran in today's North Shore news....I am int he picture, along with 3 other guys....the article seems ok, but it doesn't touch on some of the major points....

Vince
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:13:50 AM by aquaboy24 »
You don't make friends with salad.

Hung

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 11:00:53 PM »

Great catch, Mr. Hsu!

My son and I fished Keith Road under the bridge a couple hours tonight, he tossed one of Rod's spoons while I used 2 years old roe under a float.  Well ... I actually spent most of the time untangling bird nest  ;D  

Not a single bite.  Two other gentlemen fished beside me for a while but no fish either.  I was surprised the place was empty on a Friday night!

scottm

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 07:08:50 PM »

good reports i will be heading up there for my first time early next week.