Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: P-line cx premium or Suffix Elite?  (Read 9276 times)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
Re: P-line cx premium or Suffix Elite?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »

Seriously CXX-Xtra strong is good! But I say go with whatever you like and have confidence in. I really like Maxima UG for mainline on baitcasters and Berkley XL on spining reels. However I was pretty impressed with the CXX as a mainline for 2 diff baitcasters this salmon season so I think I'll stick with it as it's cheaper than UG. Also CXX comes in 17lb which is nice to have a option between 15lb and 20lb with the UG.

zap brannigan

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 07:36:34 PM »

15lb ug probably breaks at 17-18 lbs, maxima over rates their lines especially ug.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 12:33:47 AM »

15lb ug probably breaks at 17-18 lbs, maxima over rates their lines especially ug.

X2

I have found maxima to be the strongest for it's lb test. It's also a little on the thick side compared to other lines. I hauled in many springs and chum this season on 8 or 10lb maxima ug leader. Not a single issue if fish was hooked in the mouth.

Berkley XT for leader also impressed me this year. I used 12 lb a lot fishing upriver on some faster runs and had no issues with it, excellent stuff!

swimmingwiththefishes

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 09:01:23 PM »

Stren for the baitcaster and Ultragreen for the c-pin is where it is at.

Although braid for feel is awesome especially if you also want to chuck spoons and get them out of the rocks more easily.

Suther

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 09:01:02 AM »

Stren for the baitcaster and Ultragreen for the c-pin is where it is at.

Although braid for feel is awesome especially if you also want to chuck spoons and get them out of the rocks more easily.

I was watching some of Bent Rod's YouTube videos,  he says when casting lures he uses strong braid so when a client snags up, he can tighten the drag and give a good tug on it,  straightening his hook but recovering his lure.