Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chum salmon burgers  (Read 6281 times)

jazzhead

Chum salmon burgers
« on: November 17, 2013, 10:43:49 AM »

Had been trying to figure out good (tastier) ways to consume the chum meat I kept.  And my wife got the idea of making it into salmon burger.  And she got the recipe from food network.  It turned out pretty good!   Thought I'd share this.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/salmon-burgers-recipe/index.html

Zackattack

Re: Chum salmon burgers
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »

nice. Ya Chum work well for salmon burgs
I made some with a similar theme: chum, egg yolk, chopped parsley, diced red pepp, lemon zest, salt + pep, panko, splash of hot sauce, fryed in oil. probably forgetting something, but delicious
you could always serve it with a stupid simple aoili-like topping: mayo, lots of emon zest, lemon juice, s+p, fresh dill

MoeJKU

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 09:34:10 AM »

I sometimes do toast, butter, egg, pepper,thin fillet, mayo, toast. Good breakfast sandwiches.

Dogbreath

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:11 AM »

Throw  a couple drops of bottled smoke flavour into the mix this stuff is fabulous.

jazzhead

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:28:32 PM »

I made some with a similar theme: chum, egg yolk, chopped parsley, diced red pepp, lemon zest, salt + pep, panko, splash of hot sauce, fryed in oil. probably forgetting something, but delicious
you could always serve it with a stupid simple aoili-like topping: mayo, lots of emon zest, lemon juice, s+p, fresh dill

splash of hot sauce...something to me to add next time!

Suther

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

I've got some garlic chili aoli out of Costco - That stuff is awesome!

Did you just throw all those ingredients together and mix? Or was the panko used to bread them?