Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cap . Bandits June 8 th  (Read 4072 times)

gumboots

• I'm a llama!
Cap . Bandits June 8 th
« on: June 08, 2004, 04:02:26 PM »

Back at it again today ,  Boy are they good at stripping your bait.... lil'' bandits...but i caught some of them , and   not the smolts ....  We  ALL got fish .. had fun , enoyed the company and scenery ...Gotta go clean up the weir .. bye

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Cap . Bandits June 8 th
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:58:03 AM »

Hey Normfish, it was great to see you again last nite and after I left I did manage to land 2 beauties just before it got to dark. And to answer your question, yes the tides play an important role at the Cap. Try fish
on the high tide, the higher the tide the better. Right now tho the morning bite is working best but that changes on a regular basis at this dam controlled river.
Like I mentioned last nite if you're in front of the mouth
which you probly will be, here's wut we uze to dew when I fished the mouth. We would start at or a little farther past the lighthouse and drift moooch using cut plug, herring strip, buzz bombs, whatever you think might work. Drift till you get under the lions gate and then motor back and do it again.Voila! It worked for us.
If there is to much traffic secure some live herrings and
anchor and wait for the little bluebacks and again slack
tides best. Good Fishing Normfish.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 01:38:41 PM »

Given the location I was at and the late hour (8PM) I only saw two guys who were leaving as I arrived and they said they caught nothing. Just as darkness starting falling a few fish were starting to rise and I caught my two in quick succession, 8 minutes apart. I had on two other ones but they slipped the noose and
got away. One was 2 pounds, the other a little larger,
about 2 and a half. Going to be enjoying some wonderful Cap coho tonite for dinner and am looking forward to it. If you are going to try the river and feel like hanging with the Zone just IM me and I'll be happy to show you around to a couple nice holes.

gumboots

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 10:06:52 PM »

Nice to see you at the weir meeting , turn my head and you were gone .?? heard you headed back to the flow , CONGRATULATIONS . !!!  Athezone ,  Right spot , Right time , and you were rewarded .... was just a matter of time with the right attitude , going to catch me fish... Lookee what happened . you will enjoy them on the  BBQ.  Yummy in   YOUR tummy ,
 see you on the flow...

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 10:42:05 PM »

Thank's gumboots, timing is very important on this river and luck too.