Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jones Lake on Sunday  (Read 3172 times)

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
Jones Lake on Sunday
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:59:22 PM »

Had a great day at Jones lake on Sunday.  I landed more fish than I had since I was a kid.  It was a twenty fish day which for me is a huge day.  Now admittedly most were in the 9 to 12 inch range but there were 3 fish in the 14 to 15 inch range.  But the best part was they were really scrappy with lots of leaps out of the water.  A whole lot of fun.  And there was lots of entertainment when the fishing slowed down as well.  Some unlucky dude wasn't paying attention when he drove his F350 CrewCab with camper down to the beach.  He stuck it up to the axles.  Then the tow truck he called in got stuck.  They were digging for hours.  I would hate to see the bill he ended up with and how he explained it to the wife when he got home.  Cheers
We can build it, take me to your Banker!

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re:Jones Lake on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 06:12:47 AM »

Hi Uncivil, man what time you had, good for you. It's been years since I've fished Jones and I remember back then that the road was so rough that I punched a hole in the bottom of my gas tank on my Ford Torino and I had a hell of a time stopping the gas from leaking out so I could drive home. Finally purchased some marine latex stuff and that did the trick. Great to hear that people are still adventurous enuff to head up to the hills and find fun and solitude. Congrat's on a great time.

Randog

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 07:55:23 AM »

Way to go Dave, sounds like a good time.

Did you buy that house?

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 09:28:40 AM »

I liked the house but the Boss didn't.  She said there wasn't enough storage.  Ie no Crawl space.  Had a nice little room that would have been perfect for all the fishing gear though!

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 09:45:01 PM »

Sounds like you had fun.  What type of fish were you catching?  cutthroat?
I like ROE

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2004, 01:05:56 PM »

It was about 30% cutthroat 70% Rainbows.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 09:21:40 PM »

hi were you belly boating and what were u using.
weeeeeeeeeow!

phisherman

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 10:27:43 PM »

I've been meaning to go up that lake for a while.  But, I hear the road condition is not quite suitable for small cars with only front wheel drive.  And, how far a drive is it from the turn off from the highway?   I just don't want to get stuck on the road and spend the $$$ on towing rather than fishing.   Also, Is it worth while to bring a float tube or an inflatable boat?  Your info would be appreciated.  Thx.

otto

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 10:38:50 PM »

nothing wrong with the road. it is a rough road yes , but front wheel drive works great going up hill. there are some larger ruts in the road, drive slowly and watch where your wheels are  (if there is a set of ruts, dont let the wheels get into the ruts) . get to know the low points on your vehicle (transmission, differentials, gas tank, oil pan etc), and avoid letting these get hit . i drive that road all the time in my mazda pickup, and it has only 8 inches of clearance at  it's lowest point.   8)

otto

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 10:40:04 PM »

sorry, forgot to add..it is about a half hour - 45 minute drive from the hiway if you drive carefully. if you have a larger truck it only takes about 20 minutes