Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goodmorning June 7 th at the Cap.  (Read 9255 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Goodmorning June 7 th at the Cap.
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2004, 02:25:57 PM »

Hey guys,

I've never fished the cap before, but I'd really love to try some early morning (or evening) flycasting there....I was flyfishing this weekend in the interior for the first time in a few years and it was so great, I have to try to make a habit out of it.  Does anyone have any advice or locations (im not after personal secret spots..) they're willing to share with me?  I don't plan on keeping any fish or getting in anyones way, I just want to get out there with half a clue as to where to go.  At this point I'm so ignorant on the matter I'd probably cast from the parking lot!  Thanks

marmot

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2004, 04:22:21 PM »

Hi there marmot, a spot that is very good for frequent flyer's is Dog Leg Pool. It has low rocks, a pretty allowable back swing and if you hit it right, Presto, break out the bar-B. Oh I forgot, You're not going to keep any. When I went there yesterday I met a nice 60ish gent and his wife who was just learning the trade and he told me he hooked a couple the day before on Wooly Bugger's, whatever they are. Unfortunately they both got off, the feisty little Bugger's. Dog Leg is easy to find, just go to the hatchery and walk towards the water at the hatchery. There is  a display stand full of Capilano maps, least it was yesterday. That should do it. If you have any other questions just IM me and I'll make sure you find it, take care and Good Fishing All.

Randog

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2004, 04:30:06 PM »

Fish my friend. , any fish out of the Magrattan this aft? I kicked the poop out of it mid morning till around 12:00 then up river I went.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2004, 04:35:26 PM »

I'm sad to report that the McGratten Run did not produce for me this afternoon.  Tried everything I had in my arsenal: roe, shrimps, spoon, spinners, green worms, and Normfish's favourite Blue Coho.  I'm bringing out the treble hooks tomorrow ! ;D

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 04:35:42 PM »

Thanks alot ATZ, I'll be sure to give it a whirl!!  And fyi, a wooly bugger is a fly that looks kind of like one of those wooly caterpillars, with a short woolish tail.  They work on a variety of species, I guess coho too!  I'll be using barbless so that should be fun...Thanks again and maybe I'll see ya out there sometime.  I'll be the guy with dual soakers ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 08:06:18 PM »

You're right again Max. Loooooooooong leaders !  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 09:29:38 PM »

I'm a "sportsfisherman" As such I will continue using treble hooks and loooooooooong leaders.  It gives the fish a slim chance of earning its freedom  ;D

ham

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 11:26:24 PM »

;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 12:08:15 AM »

I'm bringing out the treble hooks tomorrow ! ;D

You conveniently left out the  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 12:09:05 AM by Fish Assassin »

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 07:26:58 AM »

Having seriously drifted away from "Report" status......Click.