Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lost, Grand Pappys Wings Medal  (Read 15006 times)

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
Re: Lost, Grand Pappys Wings Medal
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »

Why not?  Because large corporations don't care about returns I am the bad guy?  This is the best reason to shop big box stores- when you have an issue you know it will dealt with promptly.

It's hardly different than buying something and deciding after one use its not what you wanted. Finding wings is more important than corporates bottom line

Your intention is already there; to use it once and then return it.  Where as, if you decide to return it when you do not like the item is different.   ::) ::)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2013, 07:36:54 AM »

So you have found them or have stopped looking? I offered up my detector but no reply?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:39:45 PM by Rantalot »

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 07:34:27 AM »

Why not?  Because large corporations don't care about returns I am the bad guy?  This is the best reason to shop big box stores- when you have an issue you know it will dealt with promptly.

It's hardly different than buying something and deciding after one use its not what you wanted. Finding wings is more important than corporates bottom line

I am sure they do care about the returns, they are in business after all, but they care more about their customer's satisfaction.  What you are doing is exploiting their desire to treat true customers with respect by accepting returns (imagine if they did not "care" and stopped accepting returns).  Big corporation or not, returns cost them money, a cost which in the end is passed on to the consumer.
Not all those who wander are lost

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 09:09:24 PM »

MMMM why is my post missing ? I offered up something to someone in need  and is common courtesy a yes or no answer would have sufficed :-\

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

MMMM why is my post missing ? I offered up something to someone in need  and is common courtesy a yes or no answer would have sufficed :-\

Your question is still there.  They just deleted the comment about the wings not being important since the OP did not take you up on your offer. Perhaps he has just not returned to check the thread?
Not all those who wander are lost

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »

Holy crap my new computer is possessed ! I swear it was gone now it, s back!! I need to take a Valium and go to sleep as this is not the first incident on the new system.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:17 PM »

The posts were deleted because you were just repeating the previous posts. I like the thread to stay on track instead of focusing on why he hasn't emailed you.

You asked, "Shoot me an email if you do want to borrow it."

He did not send you an email possibly because...

He doesn't need it.
He doesn't want it.
He already has taken up someone else's offer.
You didn't ask him to send you an email if he does not want to borrow it.
Or, maybe he just hasn't read the thread since you posted the offer.

If you had email him personally or phone him but he did not get back to you, then that'd be a different story, but don't expect a response if you are posting an offer on a forum. You've taken it personally quite a few times in other threads when people don't reply to your post by email. If it is important to you that an answer is returned, then send them a personal email.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »

Dont go rent a metal detector. Just go to Canadian Tire and buy one, use it, and return it.

I was hoping you were joking, but I see you are serious.
Sad to see that someone on this forum thinks like you do.
Shame on you.

mikeyman

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 07:57:04 PM »

Why not buy and return lol. Big corporation ethics... Is there such a thing? I hope u find it. Some momentos are unreplacable.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 08:00:00 PM by mikeyman »

Quinsam_Lose_Some

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 09:14:31 PM »

I was hoping you were joking, but I see you are serious.
Sad to see that someone on this forum thinks like you do.
Shame on you.

X2

Sad indeed. Seems some have no problem critiquing "Big Box" retailers but have little inkling about the development (or lack thereof) of their own personal integrity.