Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jet Boat Mishap On THe Vedder  (Read 14679 times)

Buckeye

Re:Jet Boat Mishap On THe Vedder
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 09:45:52 PM »

Definitely worth considering Chris.
Unless i'm missing something there's no reason anyone in their right mind would take a power boat above the freeway bridge.
Let's hope this was a somewhat isolated incident, and that this person has learned from their mistake.
If this becomes a regular occurence i would certainly be in favor of doing what we can to have it closed down.

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 10:11:00 PM »

I do not know how much my voice counts, but I wouldn't like to see any motor boats on Vedder above Hwy crossing. It is kind of ridiculous to drive it that high up, river is narrow and shallow. Motor boat just endanger lives of kayakers, swimmers, fishermen, ... It is a source of pollution, could potentially lead to destruction of river bed. One of the most important reasons for me to go to Vedder, is to enjoy in peace and serenity of surrounding nature, and that is difficult with a boat passing few feet from you. Why there is a road following the river for almost all its run any way? You do not need a boat to access any part of the river.

So, if my oppinion does count in any way, I would like to see motor boats off Vedder River.

Uncivil

• 'Geers on Gear
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 10:26:03 PM »

Chris, I agree that Jets shouldn't be running up the Vedder.  I am not against jet boats but I think the Vedder is just too small and there are too many people on or in it to run the risk of any power boat hitting them.
We can build it, take me to your Banker!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 10:32:40 PM »

Thanks for these and keep them coming as I will probaley arrange a meeting with MELP or our local MLA's in the near future. Then we can see what action they may consider doing to curtail this if it continues to grow for I know these are not incidental occurences.

Dynamite kid

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2004, 11:44:27 PM »

Lets not overdo it .As someone who has travelled up the vedder canal or Sumas if you like ,it basically has nobody fishing it from the hi-way bridge down.There is no reason to stop those of us fishing down there from continuing to do so.Please do not think that there is many people flying up river in their boats ,because this is not the case.Just because a couple no brain playing idiots fly up river during freshet ,does not make this a problem.These freaks were not even fisherman ,as the river is closed to fishing right now.I wouldn't worry about clowns like this ,the Fraser usually takes care of them soon enough.