Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Racing Smarty Jones  (Read 8867 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Racing Smarty Jones
« on: June 05, 2004, 03:57:08 PM »

Just lost a $5 bill on Smarty Jones in the Belmont as he could not roll to the triple crown . Cannot seem to pick a winner in sports this year. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re:Racing Smarty Jones
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 04:14:27 PM »

Yes and it would have cost me just about the amount I lost for gas to drive back to collect if he had won. Will save ticket for a souvenir. ::) It would have been good for racing to have a Triple Crown winner. Smarty's jockey ran a good race and just got beat by a better horse to day.

Racing sure makes  my blood tingle once again as we raced horses at Exibition Park( Hastings) for 8 years in the 1960's and part of the 70's. Our first horse won 9 races and the next one only got to the front once when she stumbled out of the gate and got the the first call of being in front by the late Jack Short who in my book was the top caller ever.

I still have some of his calls on tape including when one of my mother's horses won.

Unfortunately I have no calls of our first horse that won the 9 races but have a couple of black and whites films of two of his wins that I had put on video.