Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seymour Salmon Hatchery Open House, September 29th 2013  (Read 1917 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Seymour Salmon Hatchery Open House, September 29th 2013
« on: September 24, 2013, 04:46:16 AM »

HKSR

Re: Seymour Salmon Hatchery Open House, September 29th 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 08:43:59 AM »

Looks interesting!  Is the Seymour river worth fishing at all right now?  Wouldn't mind checking out the open house, then heading down to the river to do some fishing while I'm there  :D

brownmancheng

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

Looks interesting!  Is the Seymour river worth fishing at all right now?  Wouldn't mind checking out the open house, then heading down to the river to do some fishing while I'm there  :D

Lol oh wow.

HKSR

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 09:29:26 AM »

Lol oh wow.

Care to elaborate?  I'm all for learning, but a reply like this is not really informative.

brownmancheng

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 09:47:15 AM »

Go ahead give it a shot. I just find it funny, an event to promote awareness about this sensitive waterway and you want to go catch something and tweet the world. But then again some ppl don't care about sensitive salmon stocks ......

@reeltimebc----

@vutranivitch Anyone's guess right now. Chromes still being caught. I wouldn't quite give up yet. Plus u could hook into a coho! :)

Nothing you can do to avoid accidental by catch,  but, I don't think it should be promoted to an audience that may not be aware of regulations in place to protect the coho

HKSR

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »

Fair enough.  That was an informative reply that I can take with me.  Believe me, I'm not one to want to abuse our fisheries (I even called the RAPP line a few times this past week on snaggers), but when it comes to learning a new hobby with rules and regulations, it takes some time, and hopefully some patience from those that have been around a lot longer :)

jimmywits

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 10:09:04 AM »

Fair enough.  That was an informative reply that I can take with me.  Believe me, I'm not one to want to abuse our fisheries (I even called the RAPP line a few times this past week on snaggers), but when it comes to learning a new hobby with rules and regulations, it takes some time, and hopefully some patience from those that have been around a lot longer :)
well stated!!

brownmancheng

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »

It's no problem to explore, grow and learn this sport.

However, be careful when using a platform like twitter or discussion forums where anyone can view this information. This is why you typically only see reports from major waterways.

Some ppl do not respect our great resource and just wait for someone to tell them what rock to stand on with their 12 ft leaders and treble hooks. (Found a few this year)

Cheers!