Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody go to pegleg yet?  (Read 7982 times)

koifish

Anybody go to pegleg yet?
« on: September 21, 2013, 03:36:33 PM »

Can you drive to pegleg? Can you cross the first part? With a truck? Or water is still to high?
Is it possible to fly fish there? Or prob not?
And I wanna go for some springs or coho pinks are getting boring
Do you know the train bridge ? I wanna go fish there but not exactly at the bridge where you can drive down and fish there's tons of pinks there so there prob isn't no coho or springs there.? Thanks

sumasriver

Re: Anybody go to pegleg yet?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:46:04 PM »

I witnessed a bottom bounced  25 lb spring caught last week.

It was toed in by its belly. Upside down and way to tired.

Luckily released but  not too sure if it would have recovered.

When is DF going to step up and make corrections to how people are currently fishing - if you want to call it that  ?

I am still traumatized from my last visit to PegLeg.  Pegleg  - no thanks. 

koifish

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »

You didn't answer what I asked LOL but stil ok

RiverRunner

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »

you should just go for a drive and find out this info for yourself. To many people depend on the internet/this forum for info!!!!!!

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 04:18:04 PM »

Losers drive their trucks onto the river bank. River stewards and true anglers keep their vehicles and crap away from the river.

And no one is going to tell you where to catch big springs just so you can go mount another one to boost your little ego.

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=33436.msg318782#msg318782
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:28:37 PM by big_fish »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »

Losers drive their trucks onto the river bank. River stewards and true anglers keep their vehicles and crap away from the river.

I,m inclined to agree with that.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

koifish

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 04:40:02 PM »

Did I ask where to catch big springs ? Maybe read it over
Yup maybe I am a loser but no fish is worth crossing 4-5ft deep water or even 3 with your waders on all it takes is a slip and your waders fill with water  and you see a missing\dead angler drowned what do you call that angler?
No fish is worth dieing over how many reports have you seen? Man at pegleg tried crossing but drowned
No fish is worth a life
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 04:46:40 PM by koifish »

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 04:45:09 PM »

Did I ask where to catch big springs ? Maybe read it over
Yup maybe I am a loser but no fish is worth crossing 4-5ft deep water or even 3 with your waders on all it takes is a slip and your waders fill with water  and you see a missing\dead angler drowned what do you call that angler?

I would call him missing or dead  ;)

koifish

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 04:49:43 PM »

Have you heard of this one?
Shore was fishing at Peg Leg bar alongside dozens of others on Labour Day Monday when he saw a man who had been walking across a channel suddenly struggling in the water.

"There were probably 30 people, we all saw the same thing and someone said 'That doesn't look right,'" Shore told the Times. The comment was an understatement as the man had slipped on a rock, his waders had filled with water and he was fighting to keep his head above water.

- See more at: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/angler-nearly-drowns-on-fraser-river-in-chilliwack-1.422793#sthash.PMhSQIeJ.dpuf

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 06:41:21 PM »

Have you heard of this one?
Shore was fishing at Peg Leg bar alongside dozens of others on Labour Day Monday when he saw a man who had been walking across a channel suddenly struggling in the water.

"There were probably 30 people, we all saw the same thing and someone said 'That doesn't look right,'" Shore told the Times. The comment was an understatement as the man had slipped on a rock, his waders had filled with water and he was fighting to keep his head above water.

- See more at: http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/news/angler-nearly-drowns-on-fraser-river-in-chilliwack-1.422793#sthash.PMhSQIeJ.dpuf
Old news my friend.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 10:04:44 PM »

Yeah, I was at Pegleg North today with a few of my buddies. We caught lots of fresh pinks on the fly, but nothing else.
You can wade across no problem. Easy wading just above the knees. Nice to be the only ones fishing the area.
Solitude is nice.

In the afternoon we went to the Vedder to try our luck for coho and chinook. We got to the river right after the downpour, when everybody had left the river in a hurry. We lucked out and found a usually busy spot void of anglers.
We got into some very fresh coho and springs - as chrome as they can be! When other people arrived we just moved on, and found some joy again at another spot. Beautiful day full of action!

Sadly no pictures so it didn't happen, but it is better that way as no one will bother me about location.  ;D

koifish

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 12:55:20 AM »

Ya something by the knees is fine but whatever is over like waist is a no no for me lol to dangerous

koifish

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 12:59:33 AM »

I know a good spot on the vedder where there's no people amazing spot but that's where some fish spawn I don't want to get yelled at by people saying stop disturbing them AHHAHA but there's no many fish that spawn there tho but I got a nice chrome coho an a jack spring also I got a slverish chum last year

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2013, 06:58:49 PM »

Yeah, I was at Pegleg North today with a few of my buddies. We caught lots of fresh pinks on the fly, but nothing else.
You can wade across no problem. Easy wading just above the knees. Nice to be the only ones fishing the area.
Solitude is nice.

In the afternoon we went to the Vedder to try our luck for coho and chinook. We got to the river right after the downpour, when everybody had left the river in a hurry. We lucked out and found a usually busy spot void of anglers.
We got into some very fresh coho and springs - as chrome as they can be! When other people arrived we just moved on, and found some joy again at another spot. Beautiful day full of action!

Sadly no pictures so it didn't happen, but it is better that way as no one will bother me about location.  ;D

Were you guys fishing right below the Native Beach Seining?  I was the lone, solitary Fly fisherman downstream from you.  Fishing was much better than last week.  Almost felt like the Squamish at times.  Quit after my arms got tired from playing all those fish.  Best fly was FFM's staple pattern (comes through again!).  Can't believe I was virtually by myself. 

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2013, 07:10:04 PM »

Were you guys fishing right below the Native Beach Seining?  I was the lone, solitary Fly fisherman downstream from you.  Fishing was much better than last week.  Almost felt like the Squamish at times.  Quit after my arms got tired from playing all those fish.  Best fly was FFM's staple pattern (comes through again!).  Can't believe I was virtually by myself.

Yup that was us. I was there first before my buddies arrived. I think you came down about 15 minutes after I started fishing. I had already landed 3 or 4 fish LOL.

Thats our last weekend up there. Time for springs and coho. BTW I saw a nice coho jump inbetween the pinks.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family