Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how many rods allowed?  (Read 6316 times)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
how many rods allowed?
« on: June 04, 2004, 09:09:12 PM »

How many rods can one person use during tidal water fishing, and is it still one hook per line in tidal? thanks

JigHead

• I'm a llama!
Re:how many rods allowed?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 09:16:22 PM »

i think is 1/person and 1 hook/line except herring jigs.  is better if you only focus and concentrade on 1 rod anyways. more fun and you get more fish ;) and you dont harm the fish as much when your fiddling with 1 the other might have swollowed the bait.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 09:31:26 PM »

last weekend i was fishing at the lower fraser,i saw one fisherman was using one long rod and left it in the water plus use hand held line for secondary line fishing,and he told me he can do that under regulation and using 1 barb hook on the line,,,,,But i dont thinkyou can use any barb hookin in any kind of water in b.c .but he doent care what i said,what are idiot

otto

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 09:33:06 PM »

for the record, that was not me!!!!  >:( >:(

leaping steely

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 09:38:20 PM »

was at the lower fraser for a stroll last week saw a guy fishing off the corner of the dock. every five minutes he'd jerk his real long rod as if he were trying to snag a fish >:( he almost whacked a fellow fisherman standing beside him. he didn't sorry or anything. he did m,anage to catch a few fish. I do know though, it was NOT otto. ;)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 09:40:56 PM »

big t, did you catch any fish at the lower fraser? I tried it on Thursday and got nadda. Big round goose egg. zero.

otto

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 09:43:11 PM »

yea ChumMan, i've seen a few people with fishing poles like mine, except they use clusters of TREBLE hooks and a weight on their line.......really bugs me  >:(

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 11:36:23 AM »

You are allowed 1 rod in the river.  As for the "line" meatod as well as a rod?  You can always call DFO and report.  Let them figure it out.

Hiker

• I'm a good llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 10:47:09 PM »

I think the best is to carefully read all rules and regulations and contact DFO to be completely sure. Rules in tidal waters differ a lot from fresh waters, and I wouldn't claim that you can not have more than one rod or that you have to have one, without consulting DFO (not that I would like to fish with more than one rod ever). What I said is based on "2003-2005 British Columbia Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Guide" page 6 (POINTS TO REMEMBER) but I wouldn't use this as a rule without checking with DFO first.
Please check regulations before you head out, get annoyed, get in trouble, or get in a conflict with other fisherman/fisherwoman.
just my 2c

minnie-me

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 12:21:26 PM »

Excellent advice Normfish! ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 08:53:44 PM »