Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: rice lake june 4th report  (Read 3331 times)

otto

rice lake june 4th report
« on: June 04, 2004, 08:51:18 PM »

30 minutes, 4 trout totaling 4 pounds. caught with my 20' whip pole, 2lb line, #20 hook, NO float, NO lead shot. just a grub, casted out let sink slowly. The trout ATTACKED the grubs when drifting down............. 8)

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
Re:rice lake june 4th report
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 08:53:42 PM »

sounds like you had some fast action :)

otto

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 08:57:50 PM »

yep.....and now me belly is full of panfried trout goodness......little garlic, lime, parsley, salt/pepper, lemon peppr.....followed by a nice cold beer.  !! 8)

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 12:02:52 AM »

I was out there this morning around 7:00 hrs. Saw an eagle harass a mother duck and her ducklings as they swam in the middle of the lake. The mother duck was going nuts.The eagle broke the group apart and quickly scooped a lone duckling out of the water.
One fish for me in the morning.  
Went back at night around 19:30. Hey Otto, I think I saw you from a distance pulling a fish out with that long rod of yours. THere was a fellow with a blue hat  and moustache to your right. I fished with him later in the evening and we both got skunked.  
I gotta get me one of them rods.  I saw them in Kauai last summer. I knew I should've picked one up they were going for about $15.00 USD each at the local Walmart.
I think Cabelas has them too?

otto

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 12:10:20 AM »

yo Rosco....which guy were you??

the guy to the right of me has been a regular at that lake for about 10 years. real nice guy to talk to, fish with, bs with.

as for that rod i'm using, i got it with birthday money gift certificates From Cabelas. 55 bucks with duties, shipping.

have never seen those rods in Walmart, although if they've got them here in BC, i'll probably pick up a few, so i can rig them for different fishing situations, rather than cutting my line and retying a new rig on!

Rosco P. COHOtrane

• The rivers are calling and I must go...
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 10:59:53 AM »

Otto, I was the guy with the blue Detroit Tigers hat and 4 piece light action pack rod.  8)
I am a morning lake rat and usually fish from the shore towards the end of the lake when the water is nice and high.

I saw the rods at the Walmart in Kauai. The locals used them to fish for the smelt like fish off the docks. They seemed pretty light.

Too busy putting my rod and set up together last night. I just wanted to get my line out there fast( float drowner junkie).

Next time I'll introduce myself.  :)  

otto

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 11:05:21 AM »

;D

ocean_going

• fish on
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 08:48:32 PM »

cool otto, I could use   a fly   rod maybe the same thing  same   presentation  love to have the time to fish on a peacefull lake

otto

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 09:34:36 PM »

yea well.....the fishing has been wierd lately..............i've been skunked every night for two nights, then tonight i caught a nice fat trout. i think they are finally feeding on their own now, on insects etc......and ignoring bait!! ;D ;D ;D