Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish River, September 2nd 2013  (Read 957 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Squamish River, September 2nd 2013
« on: September 02, 2013, 11:05:23 PM »

If I had only 3 words I would choose "waste of time."

Mamquam's still spewing mud, the whole area smells of decay, and chrome fish are few and far between (not that I really care about the maturity of the fish; I was only up there to test out my new rod).

Last week I was foul-hooking only ~10% of fish, but today I was lucky to have fairly hooked that many. Same story for those around me.

Actually, the weather was nice and my new breathables made for a pleasant time on the water. Sure beat sitting on the couch or working.
A rig out of water catches no fish.

bluenoser

Re: Squamish River, September 2nd 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »

Was up there with a friend yesterday as well who was trying out flyfishing for the first time. All in all for him it was a great day of practising casting. We did find one tiny area above the Mamquam in the early part of the morning where the main river which was clearer cut over to the East side and was fishable....he even hooked and landed a couple which took the clouser in the mouth. Then the main river turned bad as well with visibility of 6 inches or less and it was time to go.

You had a good day with your waders while mine gave me 2 wet feet....my Frogg Toggs are useless and less than 2 years old.

Bluenoser