Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, September 1st 2013  (Read 6104 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Tidal Fraser River, September 1st 2013
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2013, 08:31:11 AM »

give me a bit of credit Dion, I think I was pretty effective at diffusing it myself  ;)

of course I cant just delete it all like you can. where is this deleted section you speak of ?  ???

I only deleted your posts because it would have taken too long to edit, and I have better things to do.

Damien, I would agree with you; levity describes your posts well. Most of your posts had a humorous tinge to them, but they were lacking respect.

Levity: Humor or frivolity, esp. the treatment of a serious matter with humor or in a manner lacking due respect.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2013, 08:40:52 AM »

The fish on the left that I mentioned isn't worth dog food.

Pink salmon need extra care even on top of what other salmon require because their flesh isn't as firm. That is a fact. Pinks need to be taken home immediately or at least put on ice right away.

I thought your heart was filled with the love of Jesus now?

All fish need extra care this time of year but putting them on ice isn't practical for most people. Keep the fish in the shade and cover them with a wet cloth. I usually pack a burlap sack and keep it moist. Cleaning fish asap makes a difference.

FWIW that fish probably looks better than most of the fish getting dumped out of the seiners right now and those go on ice. It's bright and in good shape other than for the obvious rigour.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2013, 08:14:13 PM »

I agree that icing your catch is ideal, and I always try to bring a cooler with me if i am in my boat and planning on bonking fish.  I think very few of us would dream of purchasing a fish at the market, bring it home and leave it on the counter for a few hours before putting it in he fridge.  I even pick up my meat last, pack it with my frozen goods and put it in the fridge first, all of which takes an hour at best.  However, like Ralph and a few others have mentioned, this just isn't always possible, especially if walking and wading.  In that case you do what you can to keep the fish cool and Bryan has said what he did to do this.  Either way, if Robert's intention was to educate members on proper treatment of meat, Bryan included, he went about it all wrong.  Most people would not respond well to his brand of "advice".  However, it is clear that he meant to "Stir the pot" and clearly was successful. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:15:53 PM by Sandman »
Not all those who wander are lost

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 09:59:30 PM »

read this thread for the first time and i saw the two fish in the photo...totally nothing wrong with their state...no one took the time to realize the photographer had the shade behind him/her which cast a shadow and didn't give the photo justice...any experienced fisherman can see the sheen on those fish, especially on the cheeks.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 02:44:15 PM »

The kind of negative attacks on a member posting catches of some silvery looking salmon, if allowed to continue, will see the end of, or the reluctance for, any one to post their catches. This is totally uncalled for and should be discouraged.

Joey

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 03:23:48 PM »

There is nothing wrong with the fish.
He is going to bring home and eat the fish.
Don't see why all the stories to tell....what is the fuss