Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River June 3rd?  (Read 6845 times)

LukeYVR

• I'm a llama lover..
Re:Fraser River June 3rd?
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2004, 04:08:14 AM »

Crabbing too, can't stand it, .................  

When I go to the Cates Park and others, while waitting for crabs to walk through the trap doors,  I usually fish for herrings, Mr. Flounders and Grn.lings to kill time.   Otherwise I don't think I can stand it, either..
(I know, I know, crabbing & fishing from Cates' pier has been closed for the season.. So, please don't yell.....  ::) )

Also, crabbing  may be boring, but eating things that I get from the nature kind'a sooth my inner cave-man urges...    

I'm not quite ready for nettin' smelts though.    I'm waiting to be bit older, then I'd look so sharp in the garbage bag wet-suit with a rope belt,  and big plastic bucket tackle box....  It  seems to be a standard issue for smeltin' people..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2004, 09:06:07 AM »

Looked at the Fraser this morning river may have dropped a bit but visibility is not that good for bar fishing as will be hard for the fish to see even a 0 Doctor. I think it will be only good for the fellows that like to fish the other way.

Talked to Nick this morning and he said he heard the fish landed was the weight as noted above and was caught the other way.
 I just got back from a 2 day trip to the Merritt and Kamloops area and will file my report later about a fish to remember. Got to catch up on some chores first.

Will forward Fish A.'s his brief report first through the Private message first. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 05:21:52 AM by chris gadsden »

The Gilly

• Old Timer
  • Let equity be the rule of our actions
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 09:07:10 AM »

I launch at Dewdney.