Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The water ways are filled with Yahoos !  (Read 2831 times)

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
The water ways are filled with Yahoos !
« on: August 05, 2013, 02:55:13 PM »

Ok so today I took a guy from work who does not fish, out for his first outing. Decided to try Dewdney as it is fairly close but man what a huge mistake ! I am almost ready to give up fishing all together as there way to many idiots with boats on our waterways these day's. Launch the jon boat and start to head up the slough away from the boats to fish but yup the ken and barbie's in the Malibu water skiing boats start heading up the slough as well, so I decided to talk to the first guy and him to go slow so I don't get swamped and he said no prob. So I continue on my way but no more the 5 minutes later one of the boats goes ripping up the slough as a jet boat is coming down, he smashing into the malibu's wake and almost bounced into my path! he pins it and shoots the wake now making an even bigger wake almost causing me to flip :o Geesh I thought I should have stayed in bed :-\ but I continue up hoping to get past them but nope the douchebags decide to go most of the way up the slough to the largest beach set and freaking proceed to waterski !!!! After that I gave up and went home but on the way out I holler " Hey douchebag look up in the tree what is the posted speed limit ? " go figure never got a response !

trot

Re: The water ways are filled with Yahoos !
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »

Living right down from that launch I see that crap all the time. I am all fine and dandy with sharing waterways but people need to grow a brain before going out. I cannot wait for fall once all these meat heads go away for another year.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:18:52 PM »

Are you in the house as you round the bend toward the launch?

trot

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 03:33:48 PM »

No sir, about 5 minutes away.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:29:12 PM »

why would you expect anything else on a long weekend ?

when I read these types of complaints I often wonder if the people complaining even thought things through before heading out. I am sure that you have been witness to this behaviour before in the area so why expect it to be different this time ?

I do agree that people need to learn to respect others on the water especially when boating as they can put themselves or others at risk very quickly however there is a lot of people in their 20's and 30's that just don't give a sh** and only think about their own enjoyment. I do think the boater card should come with an actual class so that you know for sure the info is sinking in or at least they cant cheat and have a friend write it for them online.

So how many weeks until we start seeing threads about guys flossing for springs, pinks, coho in the Vedder  ::)

complaints like this are the exact reason i would never attempt taking a smaller boat onto waterways and put myself into the situation or possibly into the situation. my life and lives of my family/friends are just not worth the hassle or risk. There is many fisheries opportunities in the lower mainland so i would choose to do something else instead

Sorry you had such a bad time and could have even had a worse time had your boat flipped Rantalot
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

trot

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »

why would you expect anything else on a long weekend ?

when I read these types of complaints I often wonder if the people complaining even thought things through before heading out. I am sure that you have been witness to this behaviour before in the area so why expect it to be different this time ?

I do agree that people need to learn to respect others on the water especially when boating as they can put themselves or others at risk very quickly however there is a lot of people in their 20's and 30's that just don't give a sh** and only think about their own enjoyment. I do think the boater card should come with an actual class so that you know for sure the info is sinking in or at least they cant cheat and have a friend write it for them online.

So how many weeks until we start seeing threads about guys flossing for springs, pinks, coho in the Vedder  ::)

complaints like this are the exact reason i would never attempt taking a smaller boat onto waterways and put myself into the situation or possibly into the situation. my life and lives of my family/friends are just not worth the hassle or risk. There is many fisheries opportunities in the lower mainland so i would choose to do something else instead

Sorry you had such a bad time and could have even had a worse time had your boat flipped Rantalot

FYI this was actually by far way worse then past years. I didn't even put the boat in. It was normally fairly quiet.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 05:24:11 PM »

Yes same here, I have NEVER saw Malibu Ken and Barbie water skiing  before in a slough that has a potential for serious injury when the skier wiped out ! I expected boats at the mouth yes but in the shallows where the posted speed sign says 8 K's. !!!! That's why they have lakes like  and Alouette,Pitt and Harrison lakes big bodies of water to handle them not shallow sloughs.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »

Not gonna make a difference by complaining over here.

Here you go.
Fraser Valley Regional District
Deroche sub-office

10220 N. Deroche Road, Deroche, BC V0M 1A0
Phone: 604-826-1291
Toll free: 1-800-528-0061
Fax: 604-826-5843
Email: planninginfo@fvrd.bc.ca

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 06:30:01 PM »

Thanks Rodney. Buts its venting not complaining and its no different then the pipeline thread !
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:33:20 PM by Rantalot »

Rantalot

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 06:50:24 PM »

Email sent  >:(