Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 nhl draft day  (Read 4769 times)

dave c

2013 nhl draft day
« on: June 30, 2013, 10:05:32 PM »

I'm not even a canucks fan but i was shocked that canucks would trade a proven elite goaltender in Schnieder for a draft pick. Should have asked for more.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: 2013 nhl draft day
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 10:12:23 PM »

Canucks got fleeced IMO

Pin-nook

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 08:34:34 AM »

I'm not even a canucks fan but i was shocked that canucks would trade a proven elite goaltender in Schnieder for a draft pick. Should have asked for more.

Whoa....."ELITE"???  That's a little much!  He was a good goalie for sure but what has he done?  He got a sample sized season and yeah he had good numbers but what happened in the playoffs? People seem to judge the goalies based on playoffs even if their regular season was good so how did Schneids do? First time he got a chance in the playoffs was in the Bruins series and he cramped up and couldn't play.  This year, granted that he had an injury had anxiety and was nervous(Thanks AV...should have stuck with Lou).

I just don't understand how we would not have the starting goaltender for Team Canada at the upcoming Olympics.  He will be the starter cause you have to be kidding if you think Price, Fleury or Ward would be a better choice. Louongo had 2 shut outs in the the Stanley Cup final and people forget that, they blame him for not winning the cup but where was the rest of the team? Where was the #1 ranked power play that had more than enough times to put the Canucks a head every game. What happened to 1 of the highest scoring teams the whole season?  It all comes down to being out coached the last 3 playoffs.

In my opinion we didn't get enough for Schneider but if you watched junior hockey on Sportsnet especially when they show the OHL you know who Horvat is. I personally think that Vancouver drafted well this season taking 2 very good prospects(Bo and Hunter) and potential roster players for this coming season in the first round.   

Unlike most I will drink the Kool-Aid this season cause I have to believe management knows what they are doing. Yeah it was a mess with the goalies but there is only one person to blame for that and he's now gone. People blame Gillis but Coach V. ran the team and caused the problems.  I hate that they got Torts as the next head coach but the Nucks definitely needed a new voice.  I'm being realistic about it but if all this does not pan out then I will be the first to blame Gillis but we as fans have been spoiled for quite a while now and knit pick every little thing like we know better but all I can say is that I rather have my Canucks than be a Leafs or Flames fan anyday!!

PS:  I would like to thank Cory Schneider for his service and wish him all the best as I know he will do well where ever he goes!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:38:52 AM by Pin-nook »

dave c

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 06:28:53 PM »

but all I can say is that I rather have my Canucks than be a Leafs or Flames fan anyday!!

To each his own.  I would rather be a Leafs fan even when they were cellar dwellers, than a Canucks fan when they were on their  cup run. 

Dr. Backlash

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 07:30:10 PM »

I think Shinkaruk was a steal at #24!!