Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Hiker"  (Read 5156 times)

joshhowat

"Hiker"
« on: May 20, 2013, 08:54:25 PM »

A so called "hiker" fell today at chehalis 100 feet.

Fish gods got him.

River is closed this month. Just saying.

Eat, Sleep, Fish.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
Re: "Hiker"
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 08:58:27 PM »

joshhowat

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 09:24:44 PM »

I know the guys on search and rescues and I plan on finding out if there was any fishing gear around and if there was I also plan on making sure he gets what's coming.

If he was not fishing then that's really sorry to hear. But what dad in the right mind takes his son down a fishing goat trail.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:57:30 PM »

Yeah ok Mr Detective Hero.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »

I know the guys on search and rescues and I plan on finding out if there was any fishing gear around and if there was I also plan on making sure he gets what's coming.

If he was not fishing then that's really sorry to hear. But what dad in the right mind takes his son down a fishing goat trail.
Whats with the ignorant comments? Personal experience?

joshhowat

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »

Whats with the ignorant comments? Personal experience?

Sick of the scum poaching on that river and the co's doing nothing about it even though I bitch about it to them. They send out a pair of ding dongs that check people in the parking lot. Even though I inform them exactly where it's happening in the canyon. I guess they don't get paid enough to hike.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 09:51:34 AM by joshhowat »
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

soliak

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:55 AM »

lol...

It's all great and all to be concerned about the welfare of our fishery resource, but it's probably just a little bit (just a little...) inappropriate to suggest a father and son deserve to be in their distress, especially without having all the information.

jimmywits

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »

lol...

It's all great and all to be concerned about the welfare of our fishery resource, but it's probably just a little bit (just a little...) inappropriate to suggest a father and son deserve to be in their distress, especially without having all the information.
x2 bigtime

joshhowat

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 02:49:29 PM »

lol...

Ok it was to harsh and I was too heist to jump to conclusions.  Oh well sucks his son was there.
Eat, Sleep, Fish.

Fillibert

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »

No one should be insulted here... And man... 100ft and he's alive? I guess it was more of a tumble especially if the kid walked away. Doubt he was taking his son fishing illegally. So probably just lost like the guys over the weekend in the North Shore

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 11:21:41 PM »

Like lemmings to a cliff... Who in a sane mind takes their 9 year old kid into a dangerous canyon down goat trails on the edge of a cliff? Forget the possability of poaching that guy shouldn't have custody, that's child endangerment. I know the canyon well and there is only four spots with a straight drop that high and three of them are off the trail atleast 15 yards. These three spots are all very close to the campground/blood rock area which is where I am assuming this occurred as the fourth one is a very dangerous little switch back that no child should be near. There are more spots where a fall like this could occur but they would be more of a very long tumble than a "100 foot fall" like the radio and news has reported.

Some people may hate my comment but it is what it is and that's natural selection at its finest sad to say.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »

Found out today that one of the Kent/Harrison SAR members was hurt during the rescue. Hopefully nothing too serious and he is able to make a speedy and full recovery after risking his own life and safety for someone else's.

http://www.khsar.com/2013/05/search-and-rescue-20130519/

All SAR members deserve a lot of respect for what they put their minds, bodies and families through to rescue, save and recover these people.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.