Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another example of feedlot industry secrecy.....  (Read 11143 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Another example of feedlot industry secrecy.....
« on: May 05, 2013, 10:30:52 AM »

According to recently released emails under the freedom of information act, government officials like Dr Marty are asking the industry for permission before releasing what should be public information......

http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/fish-farms-allied-with-government-activists-say-1.146182

"Emails from Gary Marty, ministry fish pathologist at the Animal Health Centre, asks company veterinarians for the go-ahead to release specific information about the outbreaks to media.

“May I have permission to disclose information from the medical records about the two Mainstream outbreaks,” says an email from Marty to Mainstream Canada veterinarian Peter McKenzie. “If you want to provide partial permission, let me know and I can work around that. Otherwise, I will stick to information provided in the press releases.”  ..........

“The [agriculture] ministry has no statutory authority to compel samples from fish farms for diagnostic analysis. All submissions from the farms for diagnostic testing are voluntary,” says the ministry statement."
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Another example of feedlot industry secrecy.....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 01:10:01 PM »

Sounds like a lot of important information is not going to released under the present situation. Looks like the dirty fish guy's have some politions in there pocket. Canada is a country that is easily duped, bribed and taken advantage of though.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »

Sounds like a lot of important information is not going to released under the present situation. Looks like the dirty fish guy's have some politions in there pocket. Canada is a country that is easily duped, bribed and taken advantage of though.
  "Be" "Their". Morton and her parrots knew we were easily duped years ago. Looks like Washington and all the US are next on "their" list.  I have to say I am sorry that I believed her and her parrots from the start. Just a circus act now. What was your point to start with TB? 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:01:47 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »

My point was how sorry you are about donating money to Morten. Or did someone aready say that about a hundred times.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 07:28:42 AM »

"Be" "Their". Morton and her parrots knew we were easily duped years ago. Looks like Washington and all the US are next on "their" list.  I have to say I am sorry that I believed her and her parrots from the start. Just a circus act now. What was your point to start with TB?

Why do you constantly divert attention to something that should get us all p.o.ed? This is information that should be under public scrutiny , not swept under the entrance rug. You're starting to sound desperate. Despite them being private companies they're using areas that belong to the us (the landlord), much like inspections of rental housing. If they're causing problems in the neighborhood, they need an eviction notice.  I think your a "red herring" farmer.
http://

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:50 AM »

I don't blame him.

IHN = lethal to Atlantic's, but no effect on Pacific salmon.
With all the hype going around that Atlantic farms are "causing disease," why would he want more hype around them?
Why bring an endemic disease that has no real issues for native salmon to the public's eye?

So a couple farms died off because of a disease passed to them by Pacific's, what's the big deal? I'd say that's more of a company issue than a public issue.

Activists are trying to dig deeper and deeper to get even the smallest bit of dirt now... can't wait till they all disappear again until the next "big discovery" by AM.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »

I don't blame him.

IHN = lethal to Atlantic's, but no effect on Pacific salmon.
With all the hype going around that Atlantic farms are "causing disease," why would he want more hype around them?
Why bring an endemic disease that has no real issues for native salmon to the public's eye?

So a couple farms died off because of a disease passed to them by Pacific's, what's the big deal? I'd say that's more of a company issue than a public issue.

Activists are trying to dig deeper and deeper to get even the smallest bit of dirt now... can't wait till they all disappear again until the next "big discovery" by AM.

Have to agree.
Take the T out of Morton.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:24 PM »

I don't blame him.

I blame him for not having the b@lls to decide by himself what to report on. I blame him for having to ask the feedlot industry for permission to report on something that he already believed was important. According to that email he believed the issue should be reported.......  until he found out the feedlot industry wouldn't give him permission.

That's just another reason why government and the feedlot industry can't be trusted to do the right thing for the environment!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 01:32:14 PM »

“The [agriculture] ministry has no statutory authority to compel samples from fish farms for diagnostic analysis. All submissions from the farms for diagnostic testing are voluntary,” says the ministry statement."

Really sounds like they got a firm grip on that industry. Dry cleaning business probably has stricter controlls. No wonder people have no faith in the whole fish farming scam.

dnibbles

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2013, 07:31:55 PM »

I blame him for not having the b@lls to decide by himself what to report on. I blame him for having to ask the feedlot industry for permission to report on something that he already believed was important. According to that email he believed the issue should be reported.......  until he found out the feedlot industry wouldn't give him permission.

That's just another reason why government and the feedlot industry can't be trusted to do the right thing for the environment!

And you wonder why you get insulted! ::)

Maybe, just maybe the two sentences that were provided in the article may have been out of context?? Is it possible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framing_effect_(psychology)

Some more helpful information for you. May help with your suppression of cognitive bias while reading various news items. Or not LOL.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 07:48:02 PM »

And you wonder why you get insulted! ::)

Maybe, just maybe the two sentences that were provided in the article may have been out of context?? Is it possible?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framing_effect_(psychology)

Some more helpful information for you. May help with your suppression of cognitive bias while reading various news items. Or not LOL.

Seems to be a phenomena with the feedlot boys, that whenever the information doesn't agree with what the feedlot industry is feeding you, you claim it's out of context, or there was an error in the information, or Morton had something to do with it.....

No problem....  I guess it's difficult to accept the harsh reality of the feedlot industry.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2013, 08:28:23 PM »

time for your meds af ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:41 PM »

time for your meds af ;D

Thanks for the reminder Doc.....   ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 11:19:19 PM »

......it's out of context...........there was an error in the information...........

Why is it that every time that happens, it's your statements that are being referred to?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2013, 06:10:44 AM »

I think I'm starting to understand Dr Marty's position a little more......

Which one of you feedlot boys do I need to get permission from before I publish a post?