Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen Lake Loch-Style Fly Fishing Competition on Sunday, May 26, 2013  (Read 2009 times)

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

The 1st competition of the 2013 Summer Series Loch-Style Fly Fishing League (a 6competition series) will be held at Buntzen Lake near Port Moody, British Columbia on Sunday, May 26, 2013.

Competition Water: Buntzen Lake in Port Moody, British Columbia

Details:
1.   Max # of Entrants: 40
2.   FIPS-Mouche Rules Apply (single fly only)
3.   Entry Fees/Payouts: None
4.   Eligible fish species: Rainbow Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Kokanee, Northern Pike Minnow (maximum of 2 Northern Pike Minnow per session), and Dolly Varden.
5.   Minimum length for scoring points: 18cm.
6.   Number of sessions: 2 Sessions.
7.   Time Period for each session: 3 hours.
8.   Number of competitors per Team: 2 competitors (Individual Competitors will be paired up).
9.   No-Fish-Period: comp water no-fish policy will be in affect starting Monday, May 20, 2013 at 8:00am.
10. The use of electric motors is permitted for moving about the lake (trolling is not permitted).
11. Flies must be out of the water when the boat is under power (rowing or motoring).
12. Competitors while fishing must remain seated, but may use a cushion of a maximum depth of ten centimetres, and back rests or back supports.

This competition, as well as the rest of the Summer Series, will allow participants a unique opportunity to participate in a series of friendly-spirited competitions, and to gain some additional competition experience - through the sharing of our collective knowledge and supporting each other.

Please mark this event on your calendar and respond here or email me at: toishis@uniserve.com to confirm that you're interested in attending this event. I really want to encourage newcomers and fly fishers of all skill levels to come out and see what it's all about. I also need to know which of the participants can supply a boats, batteries and electric motors for this event.

Schedule of Events:
Boats go in the water around 8:00 am
Competitors’ Meeting: 8:45 am
Session 1: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Lunch Break: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm The Youth Team members will be serving a hot dog and burger lunch, as a part of their fundraising projects, so please bring along some cash to help support their cause.
Session 2: 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Final Results: 4:15 pm

Current List of Participants:
1. Todd Oishi - Boats and motor
2. Vance Whitley - Boat and motor
3. Chris Puchniak - Boat and motor
4. Robert Ramsay - Boat and motors
5. Johnny Wilkinson - Boat and motor
6. Ross Pearson - Boat and motor
7. Nev Gosling - Boat and motor
8. Matthew Mike - Boat and motor
9. Gordon Pope - Boat and motor
10. Aaron Laing - Boat and motor
11. Mike Oishi
12. Kevin Cucheron
13. Noah Kelly
14. Devin Ramsay
15. Tyler Wilkinson
16. Jordan Pearson
17. Martin Payne
18. Max Cohen
19. Gerry Nicol
20. Rob Nagai

I hope to see a few more new faces at this event!

Cheers,
Todd
:)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:29:25 AM by Tyson »
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...