Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1338799 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2595 on: March 09, 2017, 11:42:55 PM »

Nope - yours, not mine.So your saying a little diesel is OK?

Hmmm, no it was yours.....

So it's OK if just a little of their diet is poisoned with diesel

That would be you that said that.......That was your comment....The one I was referring to in my previous post.......But thanks for the alternative facts.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:01:32 AM by shuswapsteve »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2596 on: March 10, 2017, 06:40:56 AM »

Clean your glasses Brian - You stated that little, if any of the diet consisted of insects.Does the escaped diesel have or have the possibility of creating health issues for the fish? Simple query, and since you work in the fisheries field one might expect a lucid answer, not skirting the issue.Insinuating I'm a liar or I distort the facts?  ::)

You may wish to read this again.
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/reports-rapports/vicr-virc/vicr-virc2012-eng.htm#dem
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 07:50:31 AM by Novabonker »
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2597 on: March 10, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2598 on: March 10, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »

No surprise here ...

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/land-based-atlantic-salmon-farm-ordered-to-shut-down-as-buyer-sought
Not so quick. CBC Interview – Kuterra LP continues to operate its land-based Atlantic salmon farm with full staff, excellent operating conditions, fish growing into 2018, and a trajectory to break even this year. Kuterra is now talking to potential investors about a range of positions and actions to leverage its achievements as a pilot facility into a profitable business, and to pay back the loans the ‘Namgis First Nation guaranteed on behalf of Kuterra when the company needed help in the early years of intense R&D.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2599 on: March 10, 2017, 09:10:47 PM »

Any link to this breaking news ...?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight
« Reply #2600 on: March 14, 2017, 01:00:08 AM »

Clean your glasses Brian - You stated that little, if any of the diet consisted of insects.Does the escaped diesel have or have the possibility of creating health issues for the fish? Simple query, and since you work in the fisheries field one might expect a lucid answer, not skirting the issue.Insinuating I'm a liar or I distort the facts?  ::)

You may wish to read this again.
http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/reports-rapports/vicr-virc/vicr-virc2012-eng.htm#dem

Nice spin, but it won't save you. What I said about the diet of juveniles chum and pink is not remotely close to your comment about their diet being poisoned with diesel. I never mentioned anything about diesel poisoning - you did. Again, I was referring to your comment. Why would I be referring to my comment if I quoted yours...lol?  Silly.

Saying "So it's ok if just a little of their diet is poisoned with diesel" is basically asking me to confirm your speculation. It's not a question - you have your conclusion and now you want me to verify it for you. Now your latest post actually displays how you should have originally asked the question, but considering how combative you are towards me why should I assist you? Actually why should anyone? I know well enough now that those that subscribe to certain preconceived narratives only listen to what aligns to their beliefs. The CBC did a follow up report on the spill which included comment on fate of the remaining diesel. Read it. Want to know more about the toxicology of diesel on aquatic life - look it up. I'm not interested in providing answers (or trying to find out) to those that don't appreciate them and are not interested in a productive dialogue.

Our latest encounter reminds me of the recent Melissa McCarthy skit on SNL from 2:40 to 3:25 where she plays White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. I had the same look as that actor that played the reporter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1JzeqLFfQ

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2601 on: March 14, 2017, 02:46:04 PM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2602 on: March 14, 2017, 06:57:25 PM »

Nice spin, but it won't save you. What I said about the diet of juveniles chum and pink is not remotely close to your comment about their diet being poisoned with diesel. I never mentioned anything about diesel poisoning - you did. Again, I was referring to your comment. Why would I be referring to my comment if I quoted yours...lol?  Silly.

Saying "So it's ok if just a little of their diet is poisoned with diesel" is basically asking me to confirm your speculation. It's not a question - you have your conclusion and now you want me to verify it for you. Now your latest post actually displays how you should have originally asked the question, but considering how combative you are towards me why should I assist you? Actually why should anyone? I know well enough now that those that subscribe to certain preconceived narratives only listen to what aligns to their beliefs. The CBC did a follow up report on the spill which included comment on fate of the remaining diesel. Read it. Want to know more about the toxicology of diesel on aquatic life - look it up. I'm not interested in providing answers (or trying to find out) to those that don't appreciate them and are not interested in a productive dialogue.

Our latest encounter reminds me of the recent Melissa McCarthy skit on SNL from 2:40 to 3:25 where she plays White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer. I had the same look as that actor that played the reporter.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw1JzeqLFfQ

A lotta verbosity to say no, I don't know. ::) Humour an old man - don't ever call my integrity or honesty into question. Of the few things a man might have, those are the ones that I prize.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 07:04:56 PM by Novabonker »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2603 on: April 08, 2017, 07:36:16 AM »

GordJ

« Reply #2604 on: April 08, 2017, 08:43:09 AM »

A lotta verbosity to say no, I don't know. ::) Humour an old man - don't ever call my integrity or honesty into question. Of the few things a man might have, those are the ones that I prize.
I would do a check on this honesty and integrity thing you claim. He gave a detailed, logical reason to not answer your ridiculous "when did you stop beating your wife" question and you immediately accused him of lying about his knowledge. How is there integrity in that? Bending your response to mis-interpret his answer is mis-stating facts and akin to lying, isn't it? I think I am suggesting that your integrity and honesty prizes are finishing off the podium.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2605 on: April 08, 2017, 03:05:16 PM »

I would do a check on this honesty and integrity thing you claim. He gave a detailed, logical reason to not answer your ridiculous "when did you stop beating your wife" question and you immediately accused him of lying about his knowledge. How is there integrity in that? Bending your response to mis-interpret his answer is mis-stating facts and akin to lying, isn't it? I think I am suggesting that your integrity and honesty prizes are finishing off the podium.

I asked an honest question to a person employed in the science end of fisheries. Maybe the way I posed them wasn't to your personal satisfaction, so that makes me a liar and lacking integrity> That's just plain the weirdest interpretation.I'm just an ignorant plebe,but a curious one. However, before I ask any more questions should I pm them to you for vetting? Perhaps you could reword them to your personal satisfaction and then I'll post them. ;)

And if you can, please show me the error of my ways and the lies I've posted. Can't? That's because there aren't any.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2606 on: April 08, 2017, 04:58:32 PM »

No posts for weeks better get it going again. :-X ;D https://www.hakaimagazine.com/article-short/fish-farms-can-be-disease-accelerators
Did you read paragraph three?  No, didn't think so ;D
Keep stirring the pot Chris. Some day you might have something worth reporting.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2607 on: April 08, 2017, 08:20:09 PM »

Did you read paragraph three?  No, didn't think so ;D
Keep stirring the pot Chris. Some day you might have something worth reporting.
Well the Leafs made the playoffs, I had the right. ;D ;D ;D

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #2608 on: April 20, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »

I may as well throw a log on the fire:  https://www.voanews.com/a/norway-salmon-lice/3818568.html

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2609 on: April 20, 2017, 06:31:30 PM »

Interesting post. The best part is this new technology is being tested far away from this coast ;)