Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1338846 times)

Easywater

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2280 on: July 27, 2016, 08:43:41 AM »

Make sure you quote the right section, Bob:

Between 2006 and 2014 researchers typically recorded that only 30 per cent of the wild migrating juveniles were infected with sea lice, which feed on the skin and flesh of young fish.

But last year approximately 70 per cent of young pink and chum salmon carried the parasite.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2281 on: July 27, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »

With a record run of Pinks and warm water temps in 2015, I would expect a natural higher count in sea lice. After all, Doc Morton said herself that she did not find any significant difference in sea lice counts in areas that do not have farms to areas that do.   

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2282 on: July 27, 2016, 02:02:09 PM »

http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2285 on: July 31, 2016, 11:24:08 PM »

https://www.voyageforsalmon.ca/dfo-allowed-visit-venture-point-salmon-farm/

Morton is trying to manufacture another crisis I see. Shocker.

She received a prompt response from Marine Harvest and DFO yet she continues to speculate. Her only evidence are her own observations from a boat. Cermaq even put out a press release stating that samples were being taken for testing.

http://www.cermaq.com/wps/wcm/connect/msca-content-en/mainstream-canada/news/low+oxygen+at+venture+point+sea+site+in+okisollo+channel

Aeration is not a guaranteed solution to prevent fish kill. It's not unlike the situation many of our small lakes with little to no flow face in the winter. Stressed fish can become more prone to impacts of pathogens.  That's why the company is trying to reduce as much of that stress as possible.  For Morton to continue to refer to herself as a fisheries biologist is laughable. If she is so focused on testing these fish then she should cough up the funds herself or ask Pam for a loan. She wouldn't even trust the results anyway from DFO so what's the point.

She certainly is not seen as some saviour to area by all folks during her travels.  I see not all First Nations in the area are welcoming her arrival. Voyage for Dollars continues.....
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:31:42 AM by shuswapsteve »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2286 on: August 01, 2016, 10:27:21 AM »

Poor Almo, her credibility is going down as fast as Pam did in her famous video.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2287 on: August 01, 2016, 02:17:25 PM »

Poor Almo, her credibility is going down as fast as Pam did in her famous video.
Looking bad every day for those still loving the FF, lost in the wilderness you and the PAP gang are. ;D ;D

https://www.voyageforsalmon.ca/4388-2/

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2288 on: August 01, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »

Looking bad every day for those still loving the FF, lost in the wilderness you and the PAP gang are. ;D ;D

https://www.voyageforsalmon.ca/4388-2/

Publicity stunt.....

Taking photos and speculating isn't scientific research. It's called propaganda.

She says she doesn't speak half truths but her quote from Cohen is exactly that. Cohen had more to say than that. She's just cherry picking. Her paper along with other coauthors that tried to slam a fish processing plant a few years ago was full of half truths and some no truths even. Morton exists as an icon in her own mind.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2289 on: August 01, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »

The traveling voyage for "doh" continues to be entertaining at best. Doc Morton sure seems to ask a lot of questions that she does not want to hear the answer to. You are right Dave, the Doc is going down, but not near as fast as Pam did :) 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2290 on: August 01, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »

The traveling voyage for "doh" continues to be entertaining at best. Doc Morton sure seems to ask a lot of questions that she does not want to hear the answer to. You are right Dave, the Doc is going down, but not near as fast as Pam did :)
Careful with some of this message as this is a family friendly forum. :-[

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2291 on: August 01, 2016, 06:59:27 PM »

Careful with some of this message as this is a family friendly forum. :-[
  Read into it what you wish to hear Chris and make it the way you want (which you appear to be very good at). After all Chris, it is your own "choice" on how you want to read what I wrote. :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:01:42 PM by Fisherbob »

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #2292 on: August 01, 2016, 07:37:48 PM »

I was sure surprised when almo hooked up with sea Shepard and Pam. Big mistake I think but certainly revealing of almo's true colours which I have suspected all along.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2293 on: August 01, 2016, 09:26:21 PM »

Read into it what you wish to hear Chris and make it the way you want (which you appear to be very good at). After all Chris, it is your own "choice" on how you want to read what I wrote. :)
Everyone knows what you were saying, not very respectful to this forum that prides itself in its content since 2002 when I first met Rod and this fishing forum was getting started.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2294 on: August 01, 2016, 09:29:39 PM »

Disappointed in you that you would say this on this family forum. :-[