Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: chest waders  (Read 4561 times)

jacklam999

chest waders
« on: February 24, 2013, 09:50:30 PM »

Hello,

I just bough a set of fly fishing gear, and thinking of buying a chest wader, what brand and model should i go for (around 150$) since im new, i dont know anything about chest wader. I mainly use for local lakes.

Also is Bare Sport 3 neoprene wader + Hodgman Lakestream felt soled wading boot is durable and good for a starter?

And i realize some of the wader and wader boots are sold separately(while some are 1 peice), so does that mean the water will go into the wader boots since they are not one piece. Thank you very much

coho13

• fish forever and forever fish
Re: chest waders
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »

Yes the water will go inside the boot but your feet won't be because the neoprene covers your foot and everything but yes the entire boot gets soked just like a regular boot or shoe but they will drain and dry alot better

jacklam999

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 10:14:06 PM »

o i see thank you, what model/brand of wader would u recommand for a starter ? around 100-200$

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »

Bare Sport 3 neoprene wader approx 99. dallors plus wader boot approx 80 dollars. so will be within your budget.

jacklam999

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:20:33 PM »

but do u think its durable and reliable? or there are other brand/model that is better?

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »

Decent quality breathable waders at decent price it would be Dan Baileys lights or William Joseph. They are in a range of 200.00
 and available in LM. Search our forum as this topic was discussed numerous times before. There is a lot of good suggestions there.

jacklam999

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:23:03 PM »

Bare Sport 3 neoprene wader approx 99. dallors plus wader boot approx 80 dollars. so will be within your budget.

And im think since the boots are expensive and the water will go in anyway, should i just get the wader and just go to some store and buy like a 20$ plastic boots. Or it actually make a big different?

Thank you

jacklam999

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 10:25:12 PM »

Decent quality breathable waders at decent price it would be Dan Baileys lights or William Joseph. They are in a range of 200.00
 and available in LM. Search our forum as this topic was discussed numerous times before. There is a lot of good suggestions there.

Thank you , do u know which local fishing store carry these brand? i searched berry tackle online, and they dont seems to carry these brand. I live in vancouver bc

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 10:44:26 PM »

And im think since the boots are expensive and the water will go in anyway, should i just get the wader and just go to some store and buy like a 20$ plastic boots. Or it actually make a big different?

Thank you

Felt bottom wader boots is way better than just rubber boot.

jacklam999

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 10:47:35 PM »

does bare product has warranty?

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:10 PM »

does bare product has warranty?
Yes.
Since you live in Vancouver, just drop by Berrysbait  tackle store and find out all the information that you want.

jacklam999

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 10:54:42 PM »

oh ok thx

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 11:19:43 PM »

Will you be a float tube? If so neoprene waders will be better than breathables as they will insulate you better and no worries about rubbing which will cause leaks.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

jacklam999

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

not sure yet, thinking getting a inflatable boat later

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 11:48:09 PM »

Here's an article that in a very simple and straightforward manner explains all the basic stuff you need to know about waders:

waders 101

Read it and decide for yourself what best suits your needs. For casual and occasional use a few yards off the parking lot, a cheap pair of rubberized waders is fine. For more frequent and heavier use (including hiking and bushwhacking) you need something better, preferably breathable.

An old timer's sage advice: "Buy the best you can afford."