Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: ct 2106b sage green build  (Read 4327 times)

river walker

ct 2106b sage green build
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »

Is it possible to tie a casting blank to centerpin without affecting the warranty??
Thanks
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:00:16 PM by river walker »
"Second best head..... STEELHEAD"

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: ct 2106b sage green build
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:59:09 PM »

Yes, the blank doesn't know how you will use it. In fact I believe the factory rods use exactly the same blank.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 07:39:05 PM »

My understanding is that the only difference between a CP and a CT is where the spline is.  On one its up and the other its down, oh, and that determines where the decal is place too. 

I have built a number of rods any I cant see d differnece on gear rods for the spline being up our down...maybe lighter fly rods???

No expert on warranty, but I cant see spline placement affecting warranty as the manufacturer probably already builds rods with the spline up on some and down on others.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 08:48:10 PM »

Many manufacturers build on the straightest axis and not the spline. I have been unable to detect the difference between building on the spline and building on the straightest axis for the same model blank. I believe variation in the manufacturing process accounts for a greater difference.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »

Many manufacturers build on the straightest axis and not the spline. I have been unable to detect the difference between building on the spline and building on the straightest axis for the same model blank. I believe variation in the manufacturing process accounts for a greater difference.

Totally agree.