Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions From Alex  (Read 3965 times)

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
Re: Questions From Alex
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 10:11:52 AM »

I am certain she and others here would prefer the map with the large red spots that are used on all the activism maps.  The reality is, marks on a map that show the location of a site do not represent the size of a farm site.  It is an activists tactic to misrepresent small details such as this.  Many comments on this most recent post are pure fecal deposits on their own.  Plain exaggerated fear mongering. 
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 05:52:26 PM »

I am certain she and others here would prefer the map with the large red spots that are used on all the activism maps.  The reality is, marks on a map that show the location of a site do not represent the size of a farm site.  It is an activists tactic to misrepresent small details such as this.  Many comments on this most recent post are pure fecal deposits on their own.  Plain exaggerated fear mongering. 

Are you suggesting that small dots on a map make the feedlot problem smaller.......   than "large red spots that are used on all the activism maps"?

If that's all it takes to eliminate the problem, perhaps the salmon farmers association should publish a map that requires a microscope to see the salmon feedlot locations..... 
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 06:46:53 PM »

Well AF,  I notice that you do not post here everyday.  Is this you suggesting that some days you are not convinced there is a problem with salmon farms as Morton sees it.  LOL
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 02:40:03 PM »

I would also like to add that marks on a map that show the location of a farm site do not say whether it is actively being used or not (fallowed).

Funny how Alexandra has questions for others, but doesn't like to respond to a just a few fair questions.  Very transparent indeed....lol.  I would likely get a better response rate from a banana republic dictator, an Enbridge executive or that lamp post across from my house.

dnibbles

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »

Ok, the comment by Walling about the "myth" of farms being located on migration routes is pretty hokey. When I've been up in Discovery Passage and Johnstone Strait the farms located just off the main channel in side inlets where tides run 10 knots will clearly have a footprint beyond the boundaries of their net pens.

I guess the antis don't completely have the market cornered on weak arguments and non-sensical statements.  ;D

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

Hey Steve ...Alex puts herself out in the public every day shouldn't be to hard to track her down ....go ask her to her face
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:09:58 PM by EZ_Rolling »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 05:01:26 PM »

Hey Steve ...Alex puts herself out in the public every day shouldn't be to hard to track her down ....go as her to her face

I think Steve is more comfortable talking "about" her from his keyboard...
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »

He also lives a very long day away from her as well ;)    Morton has been asked to respond to Steve's questions but, doesn't ... why do you suppose that is?  Too busy maybe?
Mostly, the only time you hear from her is on her own very safe blog and/or asking for even more money.

Koolaid anyone?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 08:44:15 PM »

He also lives a very long day away from her as well ;)    Morton has been asked to respond to Steve's questions but, doesn't ... why do you suppose that is?  Too busy maybe?
Mostly, the only time you hear from her is on her own very safe blog and/or asking for even more money.

Koolaid anyone?

He and the anti's can come to the fundraiser here in Chilliwack in the Spring. Oh, bring your cheque books all. Tickets are $55 also.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 10:14:57 PM »

Hey Steve ...Alex puts herself out in the public every day shouldn't be to hard to track her down ....go ask her to her face.

More deflection, but I am not surprised…..If Morton is the expert you antis rave about here then answering those simple questions (even the one from Dave) should not be a problem.  As for tracking her down…..well….she did come on this forum willingly, appearing to participate in the discussion while promoting another petition so why would I have to “track” her down and ask her face to face?  She seems quite comfortable posting in social media already (even posting derogatory cartoons about other biologists) so why would I have to “track” her down?  If she tested those supermarket fish and was able to come up with certain conclusions (and keep promoting them on this forum) then she should be able to answer some questions about that work.  So, when I see a thread that says “Questions from Alex” I believe it is hypocritical for Dr. Morton, RPBio. to be  demanding of others and critical of their work when she is not very forthcoming herself.