Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FS.....Sage 4120 and 3113 CP rods (custom built from brown blanks) Surrey  (Read 2712 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer

4120:

Done in factory colours.... Brian Babcock did the handle and all the epoxy work to finish the rod up.  Didn't use it very much since I spey fish rivers almost 100% of the time but I did use it for a season or two up on the Thompson several years back and a couple of times in the chuck.  

It's in good shape with natural oxydation on the cork, however, the tip section is close to 2" short because the 3rd or 4th time I used it I borrowed a rod tube from a friend that was suppose to hold a 12' rod  and when I opened up the case the tip had been broken off cleanly.  I took it to Brian and he suggested just glueing the tip back on which he did for me.  There is no way I could tell that it had changed the action of the rod.  The tip section could be replaced by Sage for the warranty fee but it would have had to be rebuilt which I wasn't interested in doing.  Still could be done, though.

Priced to sell at $335

3113 MB: Rod has been sold!

It's in very good condition because I just don't use it for the reason listed above....less than a dozen times use.  It's been collecting dust for the last half a dozen years, too.  Thought I'd hold onto to use as a mooching rod in the chuck but that hasn't happened so I figured I'd sell it to help finance a new double hander I'm buying.

It's done up in factory sage colours but with a gold trim added to the wraps.  $385
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 04:16:13 PM by mastercaster »

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: FS.....Sage 4120 and 3113 CP rods (custom built from brown blanks) Surrey
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 04:17:44 PM »

Sale pending on 3113....

SOLD

Sage 4120 still available~

mastercaster

• Old Timer

bump to the top

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

Would you consider a trade?

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

mastercaster

• Old Timer

Would you consider a trade?

Since I flyfish 95% of the time ocean/lakes/rivers I'm not really looking for drift gear.  I've got my Silex reels and a couple of drift rods so I'm pretty set.  What did you have in mind?  I hunt, as well.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself

I have a 6/7 wt switch rod package. Its in the buy and sell.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

mastercaster

• Old Timer

I have a 6/7 wt switch rod package. Its in the buy and sell.

Sorry Geff.....I already have 4 spey rods with a Meiser on the way.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

mastercaster you have the broken pieces to the rod?
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

mastercaster

• Old Timer

mastercaster you have the broken pieces to the rod?

I may have kept it but that was about 6-7 years ago.....if I did I wouldn't have a clue where it is.  It was one piece about 2" long.  I probably wasn't worried about its where abouts because once I used the rod after Brian Babcock replaced the tip top guide I realized it made no difference to the action of the rod.  Always thought I was going to keep the rod but then spey flyrods became my "go to" rods for the river..... and then there was no turning back.  LOL

I'm sure if a guy had a mind to replace the top section of the rod through the Sage lifetime warranty and re-wrap the guides on a new blank it could be done if a guy wanted to badly enough.

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer

You need all pieces of the rod for the warranty if I'm not mistaken...
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Re: FS.....Sage 4120 and 3113 CP rods (custom built from brown blanks) Surrey
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 08:00:23 AM »

You need all pieces of the rod for the warranty if I'm not mistaken...

Sent you an email on how to skirt that issue.