Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Victoria Peak and Area - Hong Kong  (Read 2986 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Victoria Peak and Area - Hong Kong
« on: December 03, 2012, 11:32:49 PM »

We decided to head up to Victoria Peak with Mrs Dragonspeed’s mom and Lorna and Claire. We took a cab up and wandered around the Peak shops and checked out the goodies they offered – all at ridiculous “tourist marked up” pricing. This one sign, however caught my eye

That’s what we need in Canada! And the price is right… about $7CAD. Well – it was a bit too early for that, so we kept looking about. Next thing you know, we run into Bruce Lee! With this group of helpers, he was sure to win, even if he WAS wax

We went for a walk around the “Morning Trail” which led us around the Northwest corner of the Peak. It opened into lovely vistas of Kowloon, unfortunately the sun and fog were challenging bug we got a few pictures of Hong Kong’s tallest building, ICC and the ships in the Kowloon Western harbour.

After the walk around the peak, we took a cab part way down the hill to the Wan Chai Gap park. Mrs Dragonspeed’s dad used to take the kids here when they were little. They walked UP and down the hill to Aberdeen when they were young. We were going to walk down. ALL the way down the Aberdeen! We came across a tonne of pretty butterflies. It must be butterfly season as this was the second time in a week that I have seen so many together.

We even saw a couple of new birds (for me). Here’s the Japanese White-eye:

It was a good day of exercise and the clouds kept it from getting too hot, but didn’t help the shooting. Well – I guess it’s a compromise!
The whole set of shots from the peak can be seen at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragonspeed/sets/72157632167122072/
Thanks for reading and dropping in to check out the photos!