Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The May Election  (Read 25899 times)

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Re: The May Election
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

But services are cut way back, public assets have been transferred to the private sector for inadequate returns, tax burden has been transferred to the middle class, necessary infrastructure is crumbling and unnecessary infrastructure is flourishing....we've got nothing of real value to show for that increase in debt. Our economy isn't anywhere near the best in the world and our prospects are as poor as they have been in decades. Public trust in government has been destroyed and the current representatives of the party are incompetent and dishonest.

Trickle down  and supply side economics are fairy tales. There are times when it serves the economy and the residents of the province for government to use debt as a tool to manage and maintain the economy. The government needs to use borrowed money to support economic capacity in the economy during bad times and use the resulting increased revenues from the peak economic periods to pay down that debt rather than handing it out as tax breaks and royalty holidays to their supporters. It takes a particularly incompetent government to increase debt in the good times and require repetitive trips to the trough for further assistance to make ends meet.

We can't afford another Liberal term and we can't afford a proven incompetent leader like Clark at the helm.

I suppose I agree with everything you said.
We just disagree on who should be given a chance to fix it.
 ;D

I also wouldn't put this down for NDP just yet.
There was a poll the other day on CKNW and liberals had major support over all other parties.
People still to remember NDP and are still scared to death.
I must say that Dix is not as bad as I would have expected him to be.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:32:31 PM by adriaticum »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »

I think you probably mean he is smart enough to know that when you are leading in the polls you keep a low profile so that you don't turn voters off. Unfortunately we are going into an election where we have no idea what his agenda is....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »

Christy equals Peter Principle and back to CKNW in a few months.

StillAqua

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »

There comes a time in every political party's life when it gets too arrogant and stops listening to the people. Or it becomes too corrupt for the public to stomach anymore. Or it becomes too vested in special interests that it loses the perspective that it needs to govern for everyone, not just the people that voted for it or the rich folk that paid for their election. That's when the party needs to be kicked to the curb so it can purge and re-center itself. This time is just the Liberals time.....

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2012, 07:00:19 PM »

There comes a time in every political party's life when it gets too arrogant and stops listening to the people. Or it becomes too corrupt for the public to stomach anymore. Or it becomes too vested in special interests that it loses the perspective that it needs to govern for everyone, not just the people that voted for it or the rich folk that paid for their election. That's when the party needs to be kicked to the curb so it can purge and re-center itself. This time is just the Liberals time.....

Great post!!

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »

Christy equals Peter Principle and back to CKNW in a few months.

If they take her back, I will stop listening to them.
 >:( >:(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »

If they take her back, I will stop listening to them.
 >:( >:(
CKNW your Liberal station except for Sindi Sara.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2012, 09:38:55 PM »

CKNW
Christy Knows Nothing Worthwhile

I can't believe people listen to that drival. :-X
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2012, 09:43:19 PM »

NW hasn't had any decent host since Jack Webster

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »

Oh come on now,
CKNW is the most listened to radio station.
Christy Clark's show was not all that exciting.
But they do have good reporters.
Michael Smyth is a good one too.
Simi Sara is pretty mouthy and gutsy too.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2012, 06:27:14 AM »

Excellent post, steeped in common sense.As well, a lot of the Liberals "activities" and perks for the financial support needs some sunlight.
http://

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »

Ooooooops! It appears our stalwart and prudent fiscal management at team Liberal is having another hit on that theory about a balanced budget next year.... ::)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/11/28/bc-budget-deficit.html
http://

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »

The whole Rich Coleman / Pacific Western Brewery deal is another insight into fiscal missmanagement. PWB donates to the the Liberals and especialy Rich Coleman and we lose out 9 million in taxes. These guys have got to go. I remember the big stink about Glen Clark the pocket knife he got and the sun deck. That was front page news on all the yellow press. Now you only get CBC and some vague information about the scandel with PWB in the stinking yellow press.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Burbot

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2012, 10:55:53 PM »

CKNW is the most listened to radio station.

Not for quite a while..

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2012, 08:25:03 AM »

I suppose I agree with everything you said.
We just disagree on who should be given a chance to fix it.
 ;D

I also wouldn't put this down for NDP just yet.
There was a poll the other day on CKNW and liberals had major support over all other parties.
People still to remember NDP and are still scared to death.

Here is a recent interview with Dix on Voice Of BC some may wish to hear.

http://vimeo.com/54608734