Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Blackberry, Stave railway bridge  (Read 8515 times)

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
Re: Blackberry, Stave railway bridge
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 07:32:25 PM »

Id imagine days rather than months from condition and recent activity in the area

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 08:15:22 PM »

Anything more than a couple minutes and its toast.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

sure is too bad about your phone....but...it's a crackberry....throw it away and get an IPhone!!!
The Green Horn

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »

For the record, the rice thing does NOT work. The rice absorbs an extremely miniscule amount of moisture unless the temprature is raised enough to have the water begin to break down the rice. Otherwise you could cook rice by letting it sit in a pot of water for a day.

The smarter idea is the little packets of Silica. As a fly guy, I keep all these and make my own drying powder for flies. Take them in the grain form, and do as you would with the rice. That would be much more effective at sucking up the moisture. Unfortunately, when I dunked my phone, that didnt work. What did was submerging the entire phone in 99% Isoprophyl Alcohol for 3-4 minutes. Shake it about, get the Iso in there good, and then take it out. It is non conductive and will evaporate very quickly, as well as taking any water out with it. Then again, now that I learned the Iso trick, I wouldnt bother with anything else. It is so quick and effective that there is no reason to sit around waiting for days. Dunk, blow dry it for 10 minutes, and youre done.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!