Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB 8'6"+ spinning rod  (Read 2659 times)

aaron.az

WTB 8'6"+ spinning rod
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:28:22 AM »

Looking for a good long spinning rod to match my new Shimano Symetre 4000, light-medium rod good for pinks and coho. I am n a budget, guess that means im looking for a used rod at a decent price.

- Aaron

tuna

Re: WTB 8'6"+ spinning rod
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:57:07 PM »

I have got what you are looking for a gloomis 8-15 lb line rating medium action rod factory lifetime warranty paid $269.99 for it will let go for $150 awsome rod but prefer center pining now

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:41 PM »

I just bought this Fenwick a couple of weeks ago to replace my 10' C'Rapala that blew up...HMX-S902M-M (1274863) 10(guides) 2(pc) 10# to 20 # 3/8 to 1  oz. 9'0" M (power)M (action)..not near as meat-stickish as the line rating would suggest...used twice..very nice rod....I'm just too used to the extra length as my last two spin rods were 10 footers...Paid around 120 after taxes....It's yours for $100.....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »

You dont need used, pick up a Fenwick HMX HMX 8'6" 4-15#, perfect for what you are after, a ton of fun, I also have a Shimano Symetre I used before I picked up a Phlueger Medallist, Symetre is now the wifes LOL, gets all the hand me downs...but both great reels
The HMX is a great little spin casting rod, picked it up for 89.00 last year from A & N, Wholesale Sports was 10 bux higher
I use it for exactly for what you are wanting to do, Coho and Pinks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:37:57 PM by bcguy »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Electroman

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 08:41:09 PM »

You dont need used, pick up a Fenwick HMX HMX 8'6" 4-15#, perfect for what you are after, a ton of fun, I also have a Shimano Symetre I used before I picked up a Phlueger Medallist, Symetre is now the wifes LOL, gets all the hand me downs...but both great reels
The HMX is a great little spin casting rod, picked it up for 89.00 last year from A & N, Wholesale Sports was 10 bux higher
I use it for exactly for what you are wanting to do, Coho and Pinks.

X2

I picked one up a couple months ago. Very fun tossing spoons and spinners with.

aaron.az

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

I actually have the 7 foot HMX at lake the atm for smaller trout 12-16 inches. havent had a chance to give that a shot, wont till next year! haha funny story i cant even afford that 89$. Fishing costs apparently dont work to well with full time university and taking shifts off of work for studying. Though ive done a decent job so far by building my own colorado blades, inline spinners and just made some funky looking glue eggs. I really do need someones used rod.

noobfisher

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:42:28 PM »

anyone got a st croix avid spinning for sale?