Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Fishing partner.  (Read 2253 times)

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
My Fishing partner.
« on: May 20, 2004, 11:01:23 AM »

Before I moved to Canada I used to fish an annual Deep Sea Autumn fishing competition during the easter long weekend. The competition is called the Richards bay bonanza. I had done it for about 15 year's and the closest me and my fishing partner ever got to any prize were consolation prizes. we worked hard in preparation for the competition. Long hours and many dollar's..

So now I have come to the conclusion. It had been me all along with the Jinx. My friend came in 3rd place last year and was snubbed at the winning post by 750 Grams to second place this year.

The memory of  the smell of the Indian Ocean is still deeply embedded in my memory. We had some good time’s and just as much bad time’s. We’ve been out in calm sea, but also been caught in bad storms that I thought I had pulled my ticket to the great blue yonder, but at the end of the day, he brought us back home safely.

Here’s one to my fishing partner Frank.

This is his Baracuda ( King Makrel) that won him 2nd prize this year.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 12:03:20 PM by Mabelingwane »
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re:My Fishing partner.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 07:45:57 AM »

What a great picture Mabelingwane. I can just imagine
the wide openness and beauty of the Deep Sea the way you describe it, Thanks. Very good story.

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
Re: My Fishing partner.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 09:18:42 PM »

yoyo ;D