Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Monday nighter  (Read 3292 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
Monday nighter
« on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:05 AM »

Anyone catch the Seahawks game last night. Last play of the game, what a crock of ****!
I'm a hawks fan but c'mon these refs just threw the game. It's time for the NFL to make a deal, game after game these refs are proving what a joke they are and last night was the icing on the cake.  Any comments?

DanL

• Old Timer
Re: Monday nighter
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »

Anyone can make a bad call, it happens. But instant replay is there so you can look at all the evidence you might have missed to fix the call if necessary. On that final play, the refs must have seen something no one else saw, because I dont think anyone else in the world thinks Seattle came down with that ball.

Feel bad for the refs though. They are doing the best they can, but they just arent experienced enough to officiate these games. Best part was how at the final play, there were two officials standing side-by-side, one signalling TD, the other saying no catch. The whole debacle captured in an instant... They might as well hire me to do it, I would do just a bad a job for free :)

rickjames_2

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:27:16 AM »

The most profitable league on the continent is holding out on the zebra's over very little money(relative, of course) and is hurting its reputation while doing it. Unbelievable call. It happens but really terrible here.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:45:23 PM »

Just caught the last little blip on sports talk, sounds like theyre back at the table... at least theyre talking again. These players are like kids with a substitute teacher, just keep pushing their luck.
Hopefully mondays game was enough to get the refs the deal they deserve, before someone gets hurt because of it.

Blackgivesway2blue

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08:32 PM »

cheers, austyn ;)