Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: WTB: medium-weight spincasting combo  (Read 2634 times)

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
WTB: medium-weight spincasting combo
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »

Hello everyone,

I sometimes take friends fishing who have limited experience on the water.  As such, I'm looking for a medium to heavier weight spinning combo that my rookie friends can use in place of a baitcasting set-up for salmon in our local rivers.

Ideal combo would be able to handle coho and small to medium sized chinook in moving water, as well as tossing heavier spinners and spoons.

I would prefer not to spend much on this combo as it will only get infrequent use.

I live in Burnaby, work downtown, and am willing to drive through most of the lower mainland to meet up.

Thanks!
:)
Tex

paulbish

Re: WTB: medium-weight spincasting combo
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:50:04 PM »

Army and Navy

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 03:51:13 PM »

Yep, thanks Paul.  I'm aware of what they have there, just seeing if anyone has an old combo collecting dust that they're willing to let go for cheap before I head into the shops.  :)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »

Hey Tex I have a Quantum 10'6" med/heavy salmon/steelhead rod that was given to me by another member and I doubt that I am ever going to be able to use it so it is yours if you want it. The rod has one eye that was repaired other wise it is like new. I am located in Maple Ridge and due to medical issues I am not able to drive very far so you would have to pick it up. Let me know if you want it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:52:37 PM by Geff_t »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

lapa

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:35:27 PM »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »

Hey Tex I have a Quantum 10'6" med/heavy salmon/steelhead rod that was given to me by another member and I doubt that I am ever going to be able to use it so it is yours if you want it. The rod has one eye that was repaired other wise it is like new. I am located in Maple Ridge and due to medical issues I am not able to drive very far so you would have to pick it up. Let me know if you want it.

Hi Geff - thanks so much for the generous offer!  I've actually got some decent rods that are similar to what you describe, and am actually looking for more of an 8-9 foot medium action spincasting rod. I think that maybe someone else who is more in need (a younger member of the forum, etc) might benefit more from such a rod.  :)  

I hope your medical issues get better soon though.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »

Please check this http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=30180.0

Thanks Lapa.  The rods/reels you have listed there aren't quite what I'm looking for I don't think.  Appreciate the link though!  :)