Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bar fishing  (Read 4667 times)

zabber

• Sometimes I fish, sometimes I catch
Re: bar fishing
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »

I had an old piece of pretty solid steel from an IKEA bedframe(?) lying around as well as an old tiki torch. Cut off about 12 inches of the bamboo, drilled two holes in it, and secured it to the steel with some nuts and bolts I had lying around.

Gets the job done.

Total cost = 15 min. of my time.   :) :)
A rig out of water catches no fish.

LP89CG

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 11:48:29 PM »

I had an old piece of pretty solid steel from an IKEA bedframe(?) lying around as well as an old tiki torch. Cut off about 12 inches of the bamboo, drilled two holes in it, and secured it to the steel with some nuts and bolts I had lying around.

Gets the job done.

Total cost = 15 min. of my time.   :) :)

Maybe an old hockey stick shaft with some PVC... true canadian holder there.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »

That wouldnt last long. It takes alot of force to drive the holder into the gravel bed, after awhile the rebar flares right out. If you're fishing the upper Fraser I'd be bringing along a hammer or an axe

Electroman

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 06:26:02 AM »

Just get a Piece of PVC pipe or any tube wider then the cork, a length of rebar and a couple hose clamps.
Make sure whatever you use leave a couple inches above the tube to pound into the gravel

Worked for me. Got the rebar and PVC from work. 2 stainless clamps at Home depot cost $3. Way cheaper than the $80 or so at a local shop.