Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cabela's Brand Waders?  (Read 3759 times)

Taboo

Cabela's Brand Waders?
« on: August 15, 2012, 07:34:42 PM »

My old waders have had the biscuit after 5 years of abuse. Was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with Cabela's brand waders?  Heading South in a week and would like to get opinions if they are comparable to Simm's or ???

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
Re: Cabela's Brand Waders?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »

My dad and I each have a pair of Cabelas Breathables, paid around $170 for each and they are great, no complaints.

saveth

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 09:42:39 PM »

A bunch of friends and I all have cabelas waders.  Only one has ever leaked and that wasnt the waders fault. 

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »

I've had a pair of Cabelas neoprene waders for several years. I use them, abuse them and throw them in a heap on the floor when I come home......Not a leak in them, and when they do finally wear out, I'll be buying another pair just like them.

jeff

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »

I had a pair as well and i was rough on them, and never had a problem.
Enjoying the water..........

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 10:30:53 AM »

I have had two sets of their top end breathables. My first pair went just over two seasons before getting small leaks in both feet that i couldnt find to patch. i got another pair because they had lasted longer than any other brand waders i have had. my current set is on their third season now and not one leak yet. I will buying Cabelas waders again when they do finally leak or i just feel its time for newer ones  :)

Tip - if you hang your waders to dry after each trip and have good wading boots that dont allow much sand inside them your neoprene feet will last alot longer.

HOOK - why do wading boot companies still make boots with drain holes on the inside bottom for sand to get into the boots !!!  ::)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

odesseus

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »

I have a pair of Cabelas Guide waders that I purchased this year. So far so good; good quality, price and features as well as sizing options. Honestly, my next pair will be Simms, side by side, there is no comparison.

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »

I went from my first pair of Neos to my girlfriend getting me a pair of Simms G3's for my birthday. Ive seen, tried, and felt the Cabelas stuff, and both me and Chrystal agree they feel like crap. Ive never had them on the water though, so if they work, great. Personally, I would get a pair of Bare breathables before Cabelas though.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

kindalonismo

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 12:58:24 PM »

I had a pair of the Cabela's Guide breathable's and I had a couple of problems with them in the 1st season.  One leaking boot and the seams on the gravel guards started coming apart.

After a visit to Pacific Angler to order a new pair of Simms, I think I may have got the sizing wrong with the Cabelas, so I think thats why of the early failure. I ordered them too big.

The Cabela's were a great price and I didn't have any problems returning them, other than sending them back to the US.  It seems like everyone else is really happy with them, just think I got the wrong size.

Thanks to Pacific Angler for sorting me out, hope the Simms work well for this winter season.

Good luck with the purchase, the store is always a fun way to spend 1-3 hours :)

fullahead

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 08:02:29 PM »

I have Simms breathable waders; I use 9 months of the year that get a lot of use. I have had them over ten years. I go down and buy a lot of stuff from Cabela’s; I really don’t think you get the same ware out of the Cabel’s waders.

LP89CG

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »

I have Simms breathable waders; I use 9 months of the year that get a lot of use. I have had them over ten years. I go down and buy a lot of stuff from Cabela’s; I really don’t think you get the same ware out of the Cabel’s waders.

I'm ordering my online, shippin to ship happens. I already can't wait to get them on the river

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 09:15:29 AM »

I'll wade in here  ;D had two pairs of neoprene's and one breathable. the neos were bought because they came in Stout fit without the extortionate penalties that local stores were having to charge via their wholesalers. The breathables were a gift and unfortunatly have not had an occasion to wear them yet.

the first pair of neos seen a fair bit of action with probably 250-300 days of action before I sabotaged their great performance. I used them for fishing , hunting and prospecting.

the second pair have had little use comparitivly, but with only 50 odd days, they will be retested soon, I'm hoping.
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

farky

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »

I bought a pair of the spring run, boot on neoprene waders from cabela's last year . They kept me very warm while out during the steelhead season,very impressed with them so far.