Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: snagged me a sockeye !  (Read 5243 times)

liketofish

• Old Timer
Re: snagged me a sockeye !
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 11:14:56 AM »

Agreed, that's why flossing is so stupid. Buy your fish bulk from a Commie and then Sturge or bar fish and get them to bite.

Fishing is a recreation which provides both fun and the chance to bring fresh fish home. The fun part cannot be bought from supermarkets. If you think flossing is no fun or worse, stupid, then obviously supermarket is your only source for fresh sockeye. Since people can view the same thing differently, the bottom bouncers don't mind the crowd and the zoo like atmosphere on the sockeye bars, and can still have a fun day doing it. For those who like sushi/sashimi, there is no substitute for freshness of self-caught fish. Each fish is instantly bled. Who want to each a netted fish which still has blood in the veins all over the meat tissues. It smells of blood when you eat it raw. Who wants to eat that blood stained meat raw? So, we bottom bouncers are not stupid at all. We have fun and we have the freshest blood-free sushi. No amount of money can buy that.  Way to go.

oolichan2

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2012, 07:36:35 AM »

You missed the point. I agree that fishing is great recreation. I don't agree that this is good recreation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjY_OHZiHk

While this is going on I'll be sitting on the bar rods as the Chinook numbers pick up over the next few weeks.

PS. you and I know it's not about sushi. You can get restaurant quality sashimi at Fujiya among other places. At least be honest to yourself what it's about, feeling like a hero when you kill your two socks and floss the rest of the day to get the Spring.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2012, 11:32:41 AM »

You missed the point. I agree that fishing is great recreation. I don't agree that this is good recreation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sjY_OHZiHk

While this is going on I'll be sitting on the bar rods as the Chinook numbers pick up over the next few weeks.

PS. you and I know it's not about sushi. You can get restaurant quality sashimi at Fujiya among other places. At least be honest to yourself what it's about, feeling like a hero when you kill your two socks and floss the rest of the day to get the Spring.

Good post thats why I quit fishing salmon in 2009.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:21:36 PM by Chrome Mykiss »
Take the T out of Morton.

oolichan2

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

Good post thats why I quit fishing salmon in 2009

No need to quit, there are lots of good opportunities still. The creek mouths fished real well this year and it should be a great year for the bar rods. Vedder has springs, Chehalis has some springs, Cap as coho. It's pretty sad that there are lots of guys on this board that have never caught a salmon any other way than snagging.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:22:04 PM by Chrome Mykiss »