Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder canal  (Read 3356 times)

mr.bean

vedder canal
« on: July 15, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

has anybody been at the canal today ?   wondering if the waterlevel would be suitable for tossing some spoons there for springs.   also my steelhead rod with  12 pound main line  should be heavy enough ,  i guess ? any thoughts ?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: vedder canal
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 05:44:22 PM »

There is an awful lot of water in the canal....  Tossing a spoon in there would be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 12:14:10 AM »

There is an awful lot of water in the canal....  Tossing a spoon in there would be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack.

With the water at the hight it's at now, that won't be a metiphor, I rode down the dyke on wednesday, and you will literally be fishing with a needle in a hay stack since the grass up to the dyke is under a good ammount of water.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 09:13:30 PM »

A waste of time if you want to catch fish, the only bite you will get is from the mosquitoes that are waiting there for anyone that ventures there. ::)

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 09:41:57 PM »

Not so Chris. Let's not forget about that other group that won't be using a rod and reel to catch their fish.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »

Not so Chris. Let's not forget about that other group that won't be using a rod and reel to catch their fish.
No fish landed only one beach went out on day one and quit early as there were no areas to beach seine from. Also the water was to clear for a successful dip net and no fish were reported caught as I heard there was only two nets tried and were unsuccessful. Sheldon