Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cleanup results, for July 14th, 2012  (Read 5428 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Cleanup results, for July 14th, 2012
« on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

Good evening all,

Thanks to all that made the CVRCS's 36th cleanup a success. Director Lew says we had about 104 people take part which was up around 25 from last July's cleanup.
Thanks to Mayor Sharon Gatez, NDP's MLA Gwen, O' Mahoney Glen , Terry and  Gord  and the others that drove all the way up to Foley Lake and I heard removed 3 truck loads, well done all in getting this part of the Chilliwack River Valley  much improved.

Some video clips I filmed for those interested.

Lew, Phil and Don recap http://youtu.be/0C9tr0pWvag
>  
>  Cleanup crew at Teskey http://youtu.be/3Cnn7Y2di8E
>  
>  Today at the Fish and Game Dumpster http://youtu.be/mQEg9qzxna0

Plans are under way for our BC River's Day celebration on September 30 at the Chilliwack Fish and Game Club House, please mark it on your calender as more help is alweays needed. Please check our web site at www.cleanrivers.ca for more details as Rodney gets them up.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 03:56:40 PM by chris gadsden »

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Cleanup results, for July 14th, 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »

A special thanks to Buck and KP from this forum who busted their butts removing the crap left behind by squatters across Sweltzer Creek, near Teskey Rock.  This involved a lot of sweat, muscle and dedication to the cause.  Well done you two old farts... ;D ;D ;D

Again, it was a pleasure to see families attend this event - is there a better way to get your kids involved in environmental awareness?? ... Also a lady from Halifax who saw the add in the newspaper; been in Chilliwack less than 3 weeks but came out to help.  Outstanding.

I also enjoyed meeting alwaysfishin, I guy I often disagree with on FWR, but guess what - he doesn't have horns :D  Too bad there wasn't time to discuss our differences regarding fish farms. 
I always feel good after events like this and I think the participants feel the same.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:08:56 PM »

A special thanks to Buck and KP from this forum who busted their butts removing the crap left behind by squatters across Sweltzer Creek, near Teskey Rock.  This involved a lot of sweat, muscle and dedication to the cause.  Well done you two old farts... ;D ;D ;D

Again, it was a pleasure to see families attend this event - is there a better way to get your kids involved in environmental awareness?? ... Also a lady from Halifax who saw the add in the newspaper; been in Chilliwack less than 3 weeks but came out to help.  Outstanding.

I also enjoyed meeting alwaysfishin, I guy I often disagree with on FWR, but guess what - he doesn't have horns :D  Too bad there wasn't time to discuss our differences regarding fish farms. 
I always feel good after events like this and I think the participants feel the same.

Good meeting you as well Dave...    My impressions were that you seem like a pretty good guy.....   too bad your thinking on the feedlots is all screwed up!  ;D  ;D

I would have stayed and spent some time helping you see the errors in your way of thinking but there were more important things for you to focus on that day...  :D

Good job everyone who organizes and helps out in keeping our river tidy!
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 09:07:38 PM »

My source told me that alwaysfishn and Dave actually hugged at the cleanup. :o :D

Good job everyone! We'll try to communicate better so I don't have an event on the same day as the cleanup (or should I say Chris should not have a cleanup on the same day when I am busy ;) ).

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 07:34:39 AM »

My source told me that alwaysfishn and Dave actually hugged at the cleanup. :o :D

I would deny it.......   however I believe Chris may have been snapping some pictures when it happened.    I probably liked it a little, however I think Dave may have  liked it a lot!  :o ;D

That's understandable......  I don't believe the pro feedlot boys get many hugs.....   :D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 08:10:34 AM »

You guys are cracking me up!  I may have to come to the cleanup and give some hugs next year especially to AF.  He seams very sensitive.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 12:19:35 PM »

You guys are cracking me up!  I may have to come to the cleanup and give some hugs next year especially to AF.  He seams very sensitive.
It was all good :D 

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 12:52:20 PM »

I'm sure it was.  Like I have stated before I do very good friends who are the staunchest anti salmon farmers around and we get along just fine because we share a passion for fish.  There is no reason for those with unlike opinions not to get together and do something good that is a no brainer like cleaning up a river.  Now if we could only get together on the salmon issue as a whole, but the historical nature of that is unlikely.  Dare to dream.
  Anyway, Nice work on the cleanup. ;D
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »

Thanks aqua and you are so right - were it not for people who have a passion for fish and don't mind getting involved locally, we wouldn't have events like this.
We CVRCS directors are a diverse group but the major credit goes to the oldtimers like Chris, Lew, Jack and Don, and past director emeritus, Terry.  I'm the pup in this group, being but 62 and I learn about dedication from these guys at each cleanup.

Chris had and fortunately lost a photo of myself and Ms. Morton, smiling just like af an I.  I fear if he ever finds that picture my life will be misery ;)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »

Well I had a blast showing the little ones how to tie a fly, and what all of you have said rings true, we may have different views but in our own way we also help with the preservation
of our fishing enviroment. It was a blast Rod and Im signing up for next year too.... :D
Take the T out of Morton.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

"The most common item was carelessly dumped beer cans — everywhere you looked."

:) gotta love that eh Chris

another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »

"The most common item was carelessly dumped beer cans — everywhere you looked."

:) gotta love that eh Chris

Yes and I was not near them. ;D

jacked55

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 10:29:07 PM »

We also had a great time at the event and look forward to next year. I was very happy to be able to see so many good people out helping out for a good cause. And the timbits were a hit with mini-me, lol.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 02:24:15 PM »

580 kg of garbage was collected from the Fish and Game Club, 400 kg of garbage was collected from the Great Blue Heron Reserve and 230 kg of wood waste was collected from the Heron Reserve during the July Adopt-a-River clean-up event.