Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ogden Point Breakwater - is this worthwhile?  (Read 1306 times)

teedee

Ogden Point Breakwater - is this worthwhile?
« on: June 18, 2012, 09:20:35 AM »

I'll be in Victoria this week, and was wondering about locations to fish.  I am not much for boats (and the associated rolling in saltwater), and was wondering about where to fish from land or maybe rent kayak/flat bottom boat.  I found an old site that mentioned Ogden Point,as well as near victoria golf course.  I have a variety of rods available to bring, and just wondered if anyone has recommendations in terms of location and gear needed, and maybe your favorite tackle shop!  Dreaming of salmon, but looks like I need to be here in late summer or fall.  Thanks

kindalonismo

Re: Ogden Point Breakwater - is this worthwhile?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 11:43:55 PM »

Not sure if Ogden Pt would be a good one?  Certain times of year you can fish pretty close to the breakwater and pick up some nice fish (from a boat). Some people fish from shore out of East Sooke Park as well.

Island Outfitters is the best place to get some fishing info for the lower island.

Good luck!

teedee

Re: Ogden Point Breakwater - is this worthwhile?
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »

thanks kindalosismo :)  I'll drop by island outfitters and see what's up!  I'm not a boat guy, but enjoy both chucking it in the ocean and also spinning and fly in fresh.  looks like lots of options, and will see what I can get into  :)