Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allouette Lake  (Read 1068 times)

qescott

Allouette Lake
« on: June 16, 2012, 01:11:27 AM »

Im taking my old man fishing at Allouette Lake for the Fathers Day weekend, unfortunately I don't know much about the lake besides what I could find on google. From what I understand there are Kokanee, Cutthroat and Rainbows of decent size. I would like to flyfish and my father will be bringing gear, I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for fishing that lake. It's going to be a short trip, and I would like to make the most of it so anything that will help me skip the trial and error phase would be wonderful. Thanks guys,
Quinn.

Blackgivesway2blue

Re: Allouette Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »

small red doc spratleys or small red leech's , shrimp or krill for the gear guy , cheers, austyn :)

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
Re: Allouette Lake
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:45 AM »

You can start trolling a few hundred yards out from the boat launch.Go across/up.Troll from stumps up to the fish pens and back down.You can also stop and fish if you find a school and like that option.Small plugs/flatfish and small spoons also work for the cutties and bows....1/2-  1 oz. weight hundred feet of line.The old willow leaf and worm is also a good bet...Bull trout in there also if you go bigger and deeper.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:39:18 AM by Spoonman »
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart