Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing near Trail?  (Read 988 times)

buzzbomb

Fishing near Trail?
« on: June 08, 2012, 09:26:17 AM »

I might be driving out west soon and I‘ll be stopping over at my friend‘s place in Trail.  I‘m not going to bother fishing on this trip but I want to take him out for a day, (possibly again on the way back).  He says he can get a license for $1 because he‘s disabled, and I was wondering if there was someplace with easy access for a guy hauling himself around with a big stick?  A few years ago he said he‘d heard of a place not far east of town, but it seemed pretty vague. 
Thanks in advance
5% Alc./Vol.

Clarki Hunter

Re: Fishing near Trail?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:07:29 PM »

Gyro Park has a couple of easy walk to spots but you'll have to check the water levels.  Or try one of the nearby lakes.   Give Rod a call at Castlegar Sports, he'll put you in the right spots.

buzzbomb

Re: Fishing near Trail?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 06:33:26 AM »

Thanks, the beach at Gyro Park looked like the only good access spot in town, (the pier wasn‘t useable because the walkway or planks to it are gone, maybe washed away).  Because the water‘s high a few places with steep access weren‘t reachable for my friend with his stick or me with my cane.  Maybe another time when the dock is useable and he can just flip a line in with his 1 good arm we‘ll give it a whirl.  I can see the Gyro swim being good for bottom fishing from the look of the current.  I‘m sure I could hit the current break with a long rod and put bait on the “dinner table“.  My friend says he has seen people fishing there once or twice but there‘s little evidence it‘s been fished recently.  It won‘t be my last trip.
5% Alc./Vol.