Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Store Bought Roe  (Read 8030 times)

kalex60

Re: Store Bought Roe
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2012, 09:51:49 AM »

lately i have been having problems with the store bought roe coming from berrys alot of time it is very freezer burned and low quality what should i do

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2012, 10:53:09 AM »

lately i have been having problems with the store bought roe coming from berrys alot of time it is very freezer burned and low quality what should i do

either not buy it or open the container and look at the condition of it before purchasing... ::)

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2012, 11:39:10 AM »

When I have bought roe from Berry's I make sure to buy a LB or two of fresh non-pro-cured roe. Eggs just like you'd get if you caught the fishie yourself. I then cure it to my own spec's or sometimes just use it fresh, as is. Both work well.
And to Salmonpirate, I do enjoy your posts but please, don't suggest anyone to use canning jars. Glass should be kept far away from rocks and where people gather to fish. Can't tell you the number of times I've seen broken glass on trails and where we all hike and fish, terribly inconsiderate to us, the animals that live there and to good old Mother Nature as well.

frozensalmon

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2012, 11:52:44 AM »

berry's bait pro cure roe(the one in a box already, frozen) is honestly not really that good after all from my experience , i prefer to buy their uncure roe in sealed pack to make my own cured roe, but right now it's not the season so you cant buy uncure ones  yet

HOWEVER, got roe from your fresh fish kill is the best!!
more coho, more coho... ::)