Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: merritt  (Read 1910 times)

fishgutz63

merritt
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

hey folks,i was driving up hwy 97 from merritt to kelowna on friday when i came up to a few little lakes on the left hand side of the hwy.the biggest lake had about ten or so guys on float tubes just wanted to know the name of this pond and if was a private pond or how would one access this lake.thanxs  :)

typhoon

• Old Timer
Re: merritt
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 04:20:05 PM »

If you're talking about right at the top of hill going from Merritt to Kelowna, the first is Corbett and the second is Courtenay.
Corbett is private access through the lodge but you can pay to fish for the day if you want.
Courtenay is public and the launch is just off the connector. It is packed with shiners and a few very large shiner-eating Blackwater Rainbows. 

missionmike

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

I am thinking of heading to Merritt next weekend and was wondering what lakes besides Stump doesn't have a motor restriction. I don't want to burn around but I don't have a kicker. Anybody know how Stump is fishing these days when it's not windy?

fishgutz63

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 08:01:40 AM »

what would the fees be like at corbett lake?anyone fish this lake before and what would be the best month to fish this lake? thanxs

dan-o

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 08:41:05 AM »

I have fished corbett a few times over the years and have had some great days. I am pretty sure it was around 100 bucks for the day with no break for a half day. The fish there are footballs but in my experience can be a little lazy once hooked. Like they know the drill :D.  The lake is aerated and seems to fish pretty well all summer if you know what to use when. and make sure you go a little heavier on the tippet.