Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whistler area lakes  (Read 6112 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Whistler area lakes
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »

A belly boat is fine as you don't have to go too far from where you launch it to find fish. The lake can get windy (southerly wind) in some afternoons but again, you can find pretty sheltered spots along the east shoreline. With this being said, be warned that it can be very cold in that water! Even just having your feet dipped in the water on a pontoon boat freezes up your body on a sunny spring day.

flyrabbit

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2012, 01:18:23 PM »

A belly boat is fine as you don't have to go too far from where you launch it to find fish. The lake can get windy (southerly wind) in some afternoons but again, you can find pretty sheltered spots along the east shoreline. With this being said, be warned that it can be very cold in that water! Even just having your feet dipped in the water on a pontoon boat freezes up your body on a sunny spring day.

Thanks, Rodney.

Dogbreath

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2012, 08:28:15 PM »

Can anyone suggest if a belly tube is good enough for Alta? thx...
Should be fine unless the wind is so strong you wouldn't want to be out there anyway-and that doesn't happen a lot.

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 07:39:58 AM »

Hi.

Does anybody know of a lake in the area that you can hire a small boat for the day ? cheers.

Email me at currieartworks@hotmail.com and i will lend you my Trout Stalker Pram (8ft) single person boat. I live across from the Alta boat launch and you can carry it across the street.

Dave
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.