Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Deep Cove depth  (Read 5805 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer
Deep Cove depth
« on: May 13, 2012, 04:15:23 PM »

I don't have a boat nor do I do any shellfish harvesting, but my friend just got a boat and was asking me if I knew about the depth in deep cove as he wants to drop some traps in that area. Although I didn't reccomend it due to the polluted, stagnant water and wouldn't eat anything out of there myself, he insists on doing it so thought I'd try and see if I could find out for him as I'm sure many of you know :D

He's likely dropping them east of deep cove marina perhaps around the quarry rock area some distance in front of the houses. I know the depth is probably quite variant in the area, but if someone knows what the depth range is around there that would be great.

thanks

ynot

• Old Timer
Re: Deep Cove depth
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »

deep cove harbour is about 140 ft. outside from the gas dock its 85 dropping to 157 .

Driller

• Keeping it real.
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 09:24:45 PM »

I went through deep cove today, and my fish finder read 680 feet.  I don't know if this is true or not.
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »

deep cove harbour is about 140 ft. outside from the gas dock its 85 dropping to 157 .

Cool, I guess i'll tell him 200ft of rope will be safe taking high/low tide variances into consideration. Thanks.

I went through deep cove today, and my fish finder read 680 feet.  I don't know if this is true or not.

Whoa that's crazy! how far off shore were you would you say?

ynot

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »

thats why you cant rely on deph finders,charts dont lie.