Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My gear stolen from the dock at Sasamat lake.  (Read 14182 times)

jon5hill

My gear stolen from the dock at Sasamat lake.
« on: April 16, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »

I was out fishing yesterday at Sasamat lake until about 7:40pm. I was fishing on the bridge from the far end of the beach. I put my bag down on the west side platform on the bridge and walked all over the bridge targeting rises. At the end of the night I came back to where I had put my bag and it was gone. The bag was stolen between 5:30PM and 7:30PM. I saw a few faces on the far dock that I did not recognize, and will certainly keep my gear near me going forward.

Just a word of warning for anyone going to Sasamat - don't leave your gear unattended because someone is bound to just up and walk off with it.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:19:39 AM by jon5hill »

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
Re: My gear stolen from the dock at Sasamat lake.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2012, 10:13:17 AM »

Thanks for the warning.  Just sucks that this stuff has to happen.  Lots of casual walkers that go through there so not surprised that it could happen.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:32:59 AM »

Did those guys  at the other end look like Balkins? Seen and had to tell some unethical eastern european guys there not to fish with two rods twice the last times I was there. Big chatter amongst them and who knows what they were saying. But all the same could have been a "gearpirate". Aargh me matie may your spawn spew sterile.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 05:13:19 AM »

Are those guys still having their "business meetings" on that dock? ;D
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:06 AM »

Did those guys  at the other end look like Balkins?

What is a Balkins? ::) ;D :D

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 03:44:59 PM »

What is a Balkins? ::) ;D :D

People from the Balkans who "balk" at fishing regulations.  
You know, those balking Serbs, Croats and Bosnians. :D

BCfisherman97

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 03:59:27 PM »

People from the Balkans who "balk" at fishing regulations.  
You know, those balking Serbs, Croats and Bosnians. :D

Woah  :P  ::)

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 09:37:40 PM »

Hey before this turns into a race riot lets get back on track.

How about checking the craigslist lost and found? Perhaps someone thought you forgot it and was doing you a favor.  Heck it could even be a person with a funny accent. Worth a look anyways.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »

Woah  :P  ::)

Chill out, '97.
I am a Serb/Croat myself.  :D

Schenley

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 11:59:21 AM »

So you walk away from your tackle bag for a couple of hours.... so what did you expect????  ???

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 06:40:45 PM »

So you walk away from your tackle bag for a couple of hours.... so what did you expect?

...asks Schenley while he meticulously organizes all the goodies that came out of the unattended tackle bag that he picked up from the dock at Sasamat Lake! 

;D ;D ;D! :D

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:42:42 PM »

...asks Schenley while he meticulously organizes all the goodies that came out of the unattended tackle bag that he picked up from the dock at Sasamat Lake!  

;D ;D ;D! :D
Sounds like it eh Milo? I hate hearing about fishing gear stolen from a good and ethical fisher but it equally bothers me that people are "kicking a guy when he's down" and using thinly veiled racism on a forum. Tsk tsk. If you knew Jon, you would be aware of his volunteerism and passion towards enhancing fisheries in the fraser valley. On top of that, he has successfully spearheaded efforts to restore salmon runs and prevent contamination of tiny lowermainland streams. On the topic of karma, I do indeed hope that Jon reaps his, as it will be well deserved and will mean he gets his gear back and people will stop this nonsense thread$h!tting.

For your efforts and to get you back on track, Jon, I'll have 2 dozen chironomids as well as some atlantic salmon flies ready for you when I get out there in June. Anyone else want to help get Jon back on track? Maybe you Hue-nut since you brought up the topic of Karma?

J5

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:17:36 PM »

Sounds like it eh Milo? I hate hearing about fishing gear stolen from a good and ethical fisher but it equally bothers me that people are "kicking a guy when he's down" and using thinly veiled racism on a forum. Tsk tsk. If you knew Jon, you would be aware of his volunteerism and passion towards enhancing fisheries in the fraser valley. On top of that, he has successfully spearheaded efforts to restore salmon runs and prevent contamination of tiny lowermainland streams. On the topic of karma, I do indeed hope that Jon reaps his, as it will be well deserved and will mean he gets his gear back and people will stop this nonsense thread$h!tting.

For your efforts and to get you back on track, Jon, I'll have 2 dozen chironomids as well as some atlantic salmon flies ready for you when I get out there in June. Anyone else want to help get Jon back on track? Maybe you Hue-nut since you brought up the topic of Karma?

J5
Come on! The guy leaves his tackle bag unattended and then is surprised it gets stolen??? Then complains about it on the internet! I dont get it! ???

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2012, 11:19:27 PM »

Whoa the pirate has more empathy then some  ???

If my stuff got stolen I would most likely post a message and warning as well.

jon5hill

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »

Woah this thread esploded! As for the individual questioning why I would leave my gear unattended - it's because I have done so a thousand other times. Further, it's not like my gear was out of sight, it was simply on the other dock which is adjacent to the one I was fishing from. My attention, as usual, was focused towards the rises and the fish, not on my bag. People leave their gear out on the docks all over the place all the time there. Statistically, if anyone was going to get robbed, it is me. I probably put more hours in at that lake each year than anyone else.

Thanks for the props J5! It's nice to get recognized! Although I seriously doubt anyone would find it in their hearts to replace my Rio Versi-tip line.. ;)