Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder question  (Read 2289 times)

fishforthought

vedder question
« on: March 13, 2012, 07:36:04 PM »

Hi guys, im new to this site and i have a question if someone would like to help out

ive never fished the vedder before, and its my first steelhead season, im just wondering if i should be fishing the river above or below the bridge that takes you from yarrow to sardis?

i would love to catch my first steelie this weekend, any help is greatly appreciated and hello all users!

pinnhead12

Re: vedder question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »

I personally would concentrate above the Keith Wilson Bridge and or to the Vedder Crossing bridge there is so much good water to fish in that streatch and it is very productive.If you are  a walker or very energetic you can fish many holes on each side of the river and with out rain the river should be good to great

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:02 PM »

You will find fresher fish in most cases in the Vedder River, below the Vedder Bridge at this time of year. In the higher reaches of the Chilliwack River you will find steelhead staging, waiting to begin their spawning cycle.

Some people will dispute this I am sure but that makes for some good discussion. ;D ;D

Good luck on your trip and hope you get one on your first fishing adventure on the Vedder River.

roseph

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »

my advice is fish everything.

they do release the hatchery fish near Lickman so if you want one to take home you may have a better chance below the crossing.  

fishforthought

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 08:16:55 PM »

thanks alot i will give it a try this weekend